Replacement Controller will not connect to P4P?

Reaction score
Due to a charging issue with my controller DJI replaced it with a new one which I received yesterday. Unfortunately now it will not connect with the Drone? I have done both manual and linking procedure using the DJI4 Go app and nothing? I am so frustrated at this point please any help is appreciated!

What's the model number on the back of the remote controller?

Is there anything to the right of that model number? Like "Ver.B"?

No is simply model GL300C, it is a brand new replacement controller, my ol controller would not hold a charge but was connecting with the drone without issue

That remote controller is not compatible with the P4P. You need a GL300F or GL300E.

Are you flying a P4P? What was the original remote controller model?

not sure what the original model number was I bought it new so it came with the p4p I sent it in when it developed charging issues and DJI sent a new replacement controller which is the GL300 I mentioned. I have not been able to get this one to connect after completing a charge and controller firmware update indicated by the app when I powered up

Your P4P either came with a GL300F or GL300E. You'll need to return your remote controller and get another replacement.

Contact them again and see what they say. Maybe they will swap it out quickly for you.

It is costing me jobs at this point as I had taken on new projects so in a pickle for sure. is there a munber where I can speak to someone today?

You can find DJI's contact information here. Depending on where you live, they might be open today.

If it's costing you jobs, then you'd probably be better off buying a new remote controller and selling your remote controller once you get it all worked out. If that's an option, you can buy a P4P remote controller here on eBay or directly from DJI here.

Thanks, In theory purchasing an additional controller sounds great but who is to say it won't be defective as well? Which is why I haven't considering the high number of people experiencing the same problem. Especially now that I have seen how inept the support is at DJI / they can't even send the correct controller and they have the original in their hand?
Thanks for your assistance msinger!

Thanks, In theory purchasing an additional controller sounds great but who is to say it won't be defective as well? Which is why I haven't considering the high number of people experiencing the same problem.
I don't see many people talking about defective P4P remote controllers in this forum. So, the chances of another new remote controller being defective are probably not high. Possible though? Sure.

It is costing me jobs at this point as I had taken on new projects so in a pickle for sure. is there a munber where I can speak to someone today?
It seems like if it is an essential tool for your business, you would have just purchased a new controller while you were waiting for the warranty replacement ... rather than losing out on jobs.

I don't see many people talking about defective P4P remote controllers in this forum. So, the chances of another new remote controller being defective are probably not high. Possible though? Sure.
Perhaps you should google it and you may have a different opinion of whether it is a problem or not. I discovered a very large community complaining of the same issue?

Perhaps you should google it and you may have a different opinion of whether it is a problem or not. I discovered a very large community complaining of the same issue?
This is one of the largest (if not the largest) Phantom communities on the Internet. Shouldn't it be a well known problem here too?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West