Replaced gimbal cable, video works but camera wont track

Reaction score
So, my drone freaked out on me one day and came down and bent the yaw arm. I ordered another one AND the cable. I took everything apart and replaced both pieces. Made sure that the cable was installed correctly. I build electronic circuits so I am familiar with the ribbon cable clips and such. I also made sure there were no other obstructions to the 3 points of axis. After I got it all back together, I get perfect video. The drone will fly normally, but the camera doesn't track. When I first power up the drone, it doesn't move the camera like it used to. It just sits there. If I turn the camera down, it will spring back up. If I have it on a flat level surface, the video will move up and down ever so slightly and slowly. The setting that adjusts the camera roll will not rotate the camera at all.

So, I was wanting to know if there is some trick to making sure the motors are properly aligned? Can you manual tell the drone to move them individually to check that they are not having an issue with moving?

I have done the IMU calibration with the DJI Go app, and I loaded the DJI Assistant. That only allowed me to calibrate the collision avoidance cameras.

I dont get any errors on the app, except the occasional compass error.

Anybody have any suggestions????

Here is a link to some sample footage to show how the camera is acting during flight.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So, my drone freaked out on me one day and came down and bent the yaw arm. I ordered another one AND the cable. I took everything apart and replaced both pieces. Made sure that the cable was installed correctly. I build electronic circuits so I am familiar with the ribbon cable clips and such. I also made sure there were no other obstructions to the 3 points of axis. After I got it all back together, I get perfect video. The drone will fly normally, but the camera doesn't track. When I first power up the drone, it doesn't move the camera like it used to. It just sits there. If I turn the camera down, it will spring back up. If I have it on a flat level surface, the video will move up and down ever so slightly and slowly. The setting that adjusts the camera roll will not rotate the camera at all.

So, I was wanting to know if there is some trick to making sure the motors are properly aligned? Can you manual tell the drone to move them individually to check that they are not having an issue with moving?

I have done the IMU calibration with the DJI Go app, and I loaded the DJI Assistant. That only allowed me to calibrate the collision avoidance cameras.

Here is a link to some sample footage to show how the camera is acting during flight.
No ,,only can check all ,,can take props for for saftey ,,,start all shoud go,,then rev to hear and c if spinnin proper,,,have u tryed gimble calibration

Whats cam set on,,fpv or follow

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic