Repaired phantom 4 can't stand still.

Reaction score
Hello,

My friend crashed his phantom4 and I'm trying to repair it. I had to change yaw arm, yaw motor and flex cable, the legs were both broken and I glue them.

So in the first test flight the drone can't stand still it traveled forward left until it crash with the wall, is not the remote controller as I use the automatic take off button instead of the remote, the drone was compass calibrated before the test. I think the legs are fine since they are the antenas and comunication with the drone is good.

I'm not a drone pilot just trying to repair it, what could I check? what can be the causes of that behavior?

Do not hesitate to ask me for photos or any other info it could help.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not a drone pilot just trying to repair it, what could I check? what can be the causes of that behavior?
Look at the flight logs. That is a start. It would help in troubleshooting many things. If you are not familiar with those, they are on both the device and the aircraft. To do this first start at the link below. This will give you a basic starting point. Upload the .txt file per the instructions in the link and share a link to that back here if you need help. The other option, if this does not help, would be to upload the aircraft .dat file. But always start with the device file. It's just part of troubleshooting. One step at a time. If needed we can assist you with the .dat file as well.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help

Ok here is the log info hopefully it will have some hint.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-07-20_[21-35-17]log.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 307
Hi some doubts I have and want to clarify... Does camera/gimbal system be part of flying system? or are them individual systems? Can one work without the other one?

Yes the legs cables are fine, actually I did an imu calibration, camera sensor calibration and compass calibration... bue the drone can't suspend on air.
The calibration that is not working at all is the gimbal calibration, so I'm trying to figure if those are two isolated problems or one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers