Repair Timelime

Reaction score
Hoping someone could help me.

My Drone has been in for repair for over a month now. Today it finally said preparing shipment. Any idea how long it takes from here? It's taking so long and I want it back!

Hoping someone could help me.

My Drone has been in for repair for over a month now. Today it finally said preparing shipment. Any idea how long it takes from here? It's taking so long and I want it back!
I got mine back about two weeks ago they had it for a month but two weeks of that it just sat there "waiting to ship" I took someone's advice here to call them and talk to a supervisor and voice you disgust and displeasure with how long its taking and blah,blah,blah,.... Don't be scared to raise your voice a bit ( It works) I had tracking info the same night in my email.

Reactions: taylorallbut
Mine was gone 3 weeks from start to finish. However when I got it back. It did not work. It is now on its way back to DJI. It will arrive there Friday 6/23.

My first return was after an hour for shell cracks. That took three weeks. They sent me back a completely different unit with a bad motor out of the box. I was extremely p****d and sent that back. Took a little over a month for me to get that repaired. I will now fix whatever I am able to by myself, regardless of warranty. "Waiting to ship" could be anywhere from two days to a week.

The only good thing about DJI warranty repair is that I always get 4 new props sent back in the return package. At this rate I'll have a whole box of new props and never a working drone.

Reactions: taylorallbut
I got mine back about two weeks ago they had it for a month but two weeks of that it just sat there "waiting to ship" I took someone's advice here to call them and talk to a supervisor and voice you disgust and displeasure with how long its taking and blah,blah,blah,.... Don't be scared to raise your voice a bit ( It works) I had tracking info the same night in my email.

I have voiced my dissatisfaction many times and every time they just said "please wait a few more days we have a backlog" and noted my request. It's finally been shipped and arrives Monday, fingers crossed it will actually work from reading other people's experiences...

About 8 months ago I sent my Drone in under DJI care. The repair was about three weeks from the receipt at DJI.

The wait appears to be longer as more people are sending in the Drones for repair.

I would be curious if the use of DJI care or DJI refresh gives priority. Did you have coverage or paid for the repair? In my case, I used DJI care.

Mine is under warranty and I certainly haven't see any urgency on DJI,s part

Yeah, the Logistics department (DJI's name for their grossly mismanaged, understaffed shipping department) is the real cog in the wheel. Put a fire under their butts, and they'll finally box it up and ship it out, with a free set of spare props! I'd rather have it shipped out the same day it is quality assured without the free set of spare props, instead of a week later! :rolleyes:

My drone ws received today for repair, sent Friday. Will let you know how long it takes. Someone else said they sent theirs and got theirs back in the same week!

My drone ws received today for repair, sent Friday. Will let you know how long it takes. Someone else said they sent theirs and got theirs back in the same week!
Depends upon the nature of the required repair, after diagnosis, and where you live, and how screwed up Logistics is, after repair and QA are done with it. Logistics has been known to sit on completed repairs for a week or more! :rolleyes:

I shipped mine out yesterday after a run-in with a tree. It's my second tree in 17 hours of flying various Phantom models :)

Anyway - I am going to pick up a Mavic Pro while I wait for it. When I get a working P4P back, they'll get their Mavic back.

Sent mine in for stress cracks. Was sent on july 3rd received on July 5th. This is where I am now.
056299c4487be5c452642ab0f1759dfd.jpg

It took me awhile to send in after case was accepted as I was out of town.

Sent mine in for stress cracks. Was sent on july 3rd received on July 5th. This is where I am now.
056299c4487be5c452642ab0f1759dfd.jpg

It took me awhile to send in after case was accepted as I was out of town.
The operative language is, "Please wait patiently." :p
Once repaired, after QA, Logistics (aka Shipment), can wait a week to ship it back! If you complain, they will finally ship it 2 Day Air, even though normal Ground would be delivered in 24 hours! Good luck. Please wait patiently. ;)

They received mine on June 23rd for the second time and now I got word it will be delivered to me on July 13th. Hope they send me one back that works.

They received mine on June 23rd for the second time and now I got word it will be delivered to me on July 13th. Hope they send me one back that works.
Yes, there is no assurance that the repaired drone actually fixes the problem you sent it in for, nor that if it does, that it won't introduce new problems your unrepaired original didn't have, completely aside from any caused by upgrading your firmware during the repair! It's a roll of the dice, or guaranteed to be worse, if they upgrade the FW!

The operative language is, "Please wait patiently."[emoji14]Once repaired, after QA, Logistics (aka Shipment), can wait a week to ship it back! If you complain, they will finally ship it 2 Day Air, even though normal Ground would be delivered in 24 hours! Good luck. Please wait patiently. ;)
Hahaha

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic