Remote wont calibrate correctly

Reaction score
SO I am trying to calibrate my transmitter but I keep getting this, even after I use RC Assistant 1.1 and Phantom 2 Assistant 3.0. It all says that it is off. How do I fix this?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 381
Sometimes you have to recycle it to get it to save - turn it off then on again and see if its retained the new settings

Ok, this is my process. I open up the assistant on my PC, I then plug in the remote and turn it on. Calibration is perfect at the look of it. The I press Calibration and it is what it is pictured above, it is out of wack. I do the process and then once I hit finish, it looks perfect. But if I repeat it, it is al messed up again. I have unplugged and powered off and all

Jeffin916 said:
Ok, this is my process. I open up the assistant on my PC, I then plug in the remote and turn it on. Calibration is perfect at the look of it. The I press Calibration and it is what it is pictured above, it is out of wack. I do the process and then once I hit finish, it looks perfect. But if I repeat it, it is al messed up again. I have unplugged and powered off and all

Hi Jeff,

The only pic you showed was the calibration results in the RC assistant. Are you doing the calibration in the Phantom assistant afterwards as well? Start off with the calibration in the RC assistant with the remote plugged in. Then unplug and shut down RC assistant. Next, open up the Phantom assistant software and do it again with your phantom plugged in and your remote control turned on while you do it for the second time.

Jeffin916 said:
SO I am trying to calibrate my transmitter but I keep getting this, even after I use RC Assistant 1.1 and Phantom 2 Assistant 3.0. It all says that it is off. How do I fix this?

Looks to me like you have a problem with one of your gimbals (sticks) inside the TX.

Had this issue on one of my controllers and ended up measuring resistance on the wires over the potentiometers (2 on each stick) found the was a difference so installed a fixed resistor (in my case 150 Ohm) that did the trick.
You might want to open the controller and check so that all connectors are firmly in place on the main board and nothing is pinched.

when I do it in RC assistant, it is out of whack. Then when I do it in the Phantom assistant, it says it is fine. I don't get it

Jeffin916 said:
when I do it in RC assistant, it is out of whack. Then when I do it in the Phantom assistant, it says it is fine. I don't get it

Phantom assistant is probably compensating for the issue. If all functions correctly no need to worry.
If you can start the motors you should be ok.
Edit: I had a different problem in that I could sync the values in RC assistant but they became out of whack in the Phantom assistant

i can't even download the software!! is there some trick to it? i click or double click and nothing happens??

it doesn't fly correctly. Every time I fly it it drifts to the left and I always have to compensate. Is there away to reset the controller?

Jeffin916 said:
it doesn't fly correctly. Every time I fly it it drifts to the left and I always have to compensate. Is there away to reset the controller?

Only way, would be to calibrate in RC assistant and then in Phantom assistant app.
Are you sure you are following instructions for calibration in RC assistant? All values (4) should be 0 and green if successful.
If you are not comfortable going inside the TX I am afraid you need a new one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl