Remote ID discussion

Reaction score
So I’m not against this, am happy to pay a reasonable fee to enable or replace my UAS with this technology

however lots to think about. I’m a Private Pilot also, and even fixed wing aircraft non require transponders under the Mode C veil. So will remote ID be required everywhere? Will it clutter up ADSB tracking with irrelevant traffic (under 400’)? Are people breaking the rules now really going to follow the new ones?

just hope to hear some opinions and any actual info.

Reactions: ianzone
Reaction score
So I’m not against this, am happy to pay a reasonable fee to enable or replace my UAS with this technology

however lots to think about. I’m a Private Pilot also, and even fixed wing aircraft non require transponders under the Mode C veil. So will remote ID be required everywhere? Will it clutter up ADSB tracking with irrelevant traffic (under 400’)? Are people breaking the rules now really going to follow the new ones?

My understanding is this is completely different than ADS B so there should be no conflict,

Reaction score
Website
www.mossphotography.biz

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Admin approved :)

Reaction score

According to what I've read the new solution is net based; unlike ADS-B. Your aircraft AND your ground station are going to report their position so the operator can be located in case law enforcement wants to find you. Oddly enough, this information is not supposed to be sent to ATC real-time (which confounds me entirely). My large aircraft is already outfitted with a Ping 2020 ADS-B transponder (and I am waiting on a decision as to if I can keep using it). I run a separate laptop for a 5 mile view of everything in the airspace around me and its great for SA. With the new system I am going to be blinded again.
as to people following the rules, UAS manufactured after a specified date will have this built into the system so they really aren't being given a choice as far as I know. I think it may decrease the infractions somewhat, though never truly eliminate them.

Reaction score
sorry, seemed like "rules" was a better place to discuss than "news". Regardless, doesn't sound like there is much more to discuss (yet)

Reactions: R Martin
Reaction score
How do I fid my Remote ID on a Phantom 4 Pro +? I looked in the MC setting but is just isn't there
Until manufacturers start equipping UAVs with remote ID technology, you can't. I have yet to see, and do not expect anything for at least a year or more, any new technology that reports remote ID information nor, to my knowledge, are there any services currently operating to receive said signal. I'm sure the admin will correct me if i am wrong. It has been known to happen.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blufx