Remote control charging and life

Reaction score
My RC for the P4 doesnt charge all the way. I get about 78%. It also dissipates what seem to me fast. How long should it last. Example, I got about a flight in that used about 50% of the drones battery and the RC went from 78% to 58%. I have brought the RC battery down to 5% and charged thinking a drain would get me 100%.. Nope. I get 3 lights lit never the forth.
Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N915V using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is not an answer to your question, but I often wonder how long the RC battery is good for in terms of drone batteries- what I mean is, say you use 2 or 3 drone batteries, one after another, how many more flights do people think you can get without recharging the RC battery?

If the charger is bringing your battery(s) up to full charge, you may have a problem with the RC battery. The RC should last for at least a couple of hours. If your warranty is still intact, maybe look at that option.

Reactions: Mike Gibby
I get 2 x my 4, P4 batteries (8) batteries before my second light on my RC starts to flash. It takes about 1.5 hours to fully charge my RC. from 17 to 20 minute flights

I get 2 x my 4, P4 batteries (8) batteries before my second light on my RC starts to flash. It takes about 1.5 hours to fully charge my RC. from 17 to 20 minute flights
... are you saying you can use (the equivalent of) 8 drone batteries on one full RC charge? If so, that is good to know, thanks!

I rolled back my firmware because all above GO3 sucked for my tablet, poor maps and crappy pixellated lagging video in 4 and 4.1 (android) So I am running GO 2.9.1, RC 1.6, AC .0503 and I got my bird back. I was dropping video sooner with GO 4 and 4.1

I seldom charge my RC battery. I would guess maybe every 6 or 8 full battery flights. I've never really watched it, because my lights stay "full" most of the time. Only when one goes out I charge it.
Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

I can get 10 flights that are 18-20min long from my P4 craft before I have to charge the RC, one LED on. However I rarely let the RC battery get down to 50% when I fly 5 times, each 18-20min.

I've wondered about this, too. I only use 2 ac batteries, but I recharge my RC for each outing, where consuming both batteries barely drains a single light on the RC.

p3s fishing
p4 Black Inspections

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl