Remote Control Calibration Problems

Reaction score
Tried flying my P3 standard for the first time yesterday and again this morning but each time I try to get it to take off, it starts up the propellers and zooms at full speed horizontally eventually into the ground. After looking for some solutions, I found that the issues potentially come back to an issue with the remote controller's calibration which had been bleeping non-stop. I managed to stop the bleeping but noticed that I wasn't able to properly calibrate the remote since the right joystick wasn't coordinating properly as it when the joystick was centred, the software thought it was pointing to the right and thus everything is messed up. Any ideas on a fix or should it be sent back? Thanks

Your observations of the Right stick's indicated deflection and the aircraft darting horizontally would make sense.

If you cannot correct the right stick issue with calibration alone there must be a hardware problem with that joystick assembly.
If you're keen with electronics you could open the controller and look for an obvious issue such as loose wire or some other issue with the physicals.

Lastly, I don't own a P3 but if I recall you need to cal both the controller (alone, first), and then the controller to the aircraft.

Well, I managed to get somewhere whilst calibrating... I managed to make it so that it takes off normally and hovers so it's a lot safer and doesn't crash but in return, I can't make the drone go to the right, it doesn't pick up the joystick moving to the right.

If its brand new? Return it!! Why keep a malfunctioning drone after paying for a new one!!! I have little experience but I have a lot of experience with other RC stuff. Sounds like that stick has an issue inside.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4