Remote control and battery charge

Reaction score
Dear Phantom 4 pilots..
Do you know what happens if you run out of battery with your remote?

And how much percentage do you need to charge battery?is it advisable to drain batteries for the remote and drone?

Ty

Do you know what happens if you run out of battery with your remote?
The remote controller will shut off and RTH will be initiated 3 seconds after the remote controller disconnects from the aircraft.

Because the RC has a very low power demand - keeping it charged is not as disastrous as with flight batterys. BUT if you are going to leave it for extended period ... then better to discharge to 2 LED, maximum 3

Most Tx's usually (and my P3 is no exception) are rated to work for between 6 and 10 hours total ... depends on battery type used).

I normally charge my RC when its between 2 and 3 LED"s ... that way I know I have max voltage applied to the system.

Ty for the replies...very informative and helpful..how about for the lipo batteries? When is ideal to charge? 50%?

Ty for the replies...very informative and helpful..how about for the lipo batteries? When is ideal to charge? 50%?

ALWAYS FULL CHARGE BEFORE ANY FLIGHT .... no matter how short that flight is to be.

Do not be tempted to go for a shortie with a partial charged battery ... please do not join the long list of those who have lost their AC through that error.

If not flying - then I suggest set flight batterys to auto discharge to storage at 2 - 3 days and not the default 10. Second if you fly and land at 30% or more ... that is GOOD for storage ... there is no need to charge to 50% at all.

Note - The RC is LiPo battery as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic