Remote "alarm?"

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right area to ask this, but... recently, (Phantom 3-P) I've had a repeated beeping alarm as I get ready to fly. It's coming from the remote control. I usually start with the auto takeoff, and everything on the screen looks normal, so I try. Once the bird starts spinning, the alarm goes away and all seems normal. Only the few seconds between choosing my copter in the software and getting ready to take off.

I didn't notice any messages or red flashing lights or anything?

Any ideas on what this might be?

Thanks

Oso

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right area to ask this, but... recently, (Phantom 3-P) I've had a repeated beeping alarm as I get ready to fly. It's coming from the remote control. I usually start with the auto takeoff, and everything on the screen looks normal, so I try. Once the bird starts spinning, the alarm goes away and all seems normal. Only the few seconds between choosing my copter in the software and getting ready to take off.

I didn't notice any messages or red flashing lights or anything?

Any ideas on what this might be?

Thanks
Generally, the first thing we suggest when people ask about their RC beeping is if they've already completed an RC calibration. Have you tried that as yet?

Reactions: Capt KO

Capt KO

Capt KO
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Oso is correct. Calibration is done in the app under the remote control icon. Be sure to finish with the gimbal wheel at the end of the calibration or it will not hold and will have to be repeated each flight.

Reaction score
Maybe it's only an obstacle activate the alarm. I've got that often. Can be only a grass or a bit unlevel terrain. When you put it up the beeping stops.

Oso

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Maybe it's only an obstacle activate the alarm. I've got that often. Can be only a grass or a bit unlevel terrain. When you put it up the beeping stops.
He said it’s a P3P, so I’m thinking no obstacle alarm.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Reaction score
Yes, I miss that. But the description of the problem sounds like that.
Maybe it is warning for not enough GPS data. It happened to me when I had P3.

Reaction score
I have this occasionally when turning on the RC, moving both sticks will stop the beeping.

Reaction score
Yes, once it's up, alarm stops... but this is a P3P, didn't think it had any obstacle avoidance "talents."

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ed01