Rem Ctrl Booster (Mod) Completed, Sirius Booster v1.0

Reaction score
Rem Ctrl Booster (Mod) Completed, Sirius Booster v1.0
...Not another 'Franken-MOD', No Velcro, Ty-Raps, Wing-Nuts, Brackets or Wires, Plug-N-Play, takes approx 2min to setup and/or take dwn, I built it with sacrificial conn's, has gotten extremely windy here so haven't had a chance to give it a real test, but works like a charm...
upload_2017-3-10_14-52-57.png

upload_2017-3-10_14-53-11.png

..this particular system is equipped with Sunhans SHRC24G3WP Signal Boosters, with hard connections, in an inline configuration.. no excess wires or connections.. the connections from the booster housing are RP-SMA Female making the external connections sacrificial RP-SMA Male.. the signal booster properties are as follows: Output PWR 35dBm, Transmit Gain 15-18dBm, Receive Gain ≤12dBm, PWR Supply is a removable 7.4vDc 2500mAh Battery with a 25C rating.. with a current load of ≤600mAh that gives this system several hours of operation btwn charges while still holding the overall foot-print and weight to a minimum, the weight added is only 17.5oz with the Battery & Antenna.. the device itself can be installed or removed in 2min or less, and with a lil practice as quickly as 30sec.. it was produced using PLA on a 3D-Printer again making it plenty durable and light, total print time for the 4ea parts is approx 12hrs.. in this current version it has a 3digit LED battery voltage indicator, the next version will include a battery capacity indicator that can be upgraded by simply removing and snapping into place a the new battery compartment lid..

IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Last edited:
We are waiting for your range tests.

He just wants to know what kinda range you can achieve,,when you do get a chance to fly your bird,,we'll all be curious,,thanks.
Clean setup I like it,,

Any testing ? I'm willing to do extensive individual testing for free and sending back or buying the unit when done ... just because I'll want one any way if the performance it's there .

I'm passionated about testing and very detail oriented , in fact I was a tester of RF equipment for a government manufacturer when I first come out of school. Different H. End stuff for jets and satellites etc, but learned a lot ....

Daemont I just spend like 2 hrs reading from your web ... good stuff ... did you ever test your self the real lost of sma connectors ?

Same here, I would love a trial/test period with option to buy. Using only windsurfers now.

Hey love the Astro shots, the first Orion shot, what size lx200 was that. I have 10" using Canon t4i.

Hey love the Astro shots, the first Orion shot, what size lx200 was that. I have 10" using Canon t4i.
...USS, Thx,, it was taken with a 178mm Maksutov several years ago, in fact haven't had either of my scopes out in over 2yrs, thinking of building a roll-off observatory, this summer.. have you done any imaging..? would like to see

...USSvertigo & Habenero.. at this time I cannot justify a 'Test-Unit', the amps alone are 75$/ea.. if you've read up on these things you';ll know that if 'Joe' can get 11mi and 'Tom' has gotten 7mi there's no reason to believe in the same operating environment this unit or system wouldn't perform just as well.. the only real diff here is this unit is more compact, clean and most probably lighter.. as the weather gets warmer I plan on doing some Far-Field Tests, but that's primarily to further quantify my antenna performance specs... Clear Skies
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Nice, Russian optics at it's best, impressive result of a spherical mirror. I'm a sniper aficionate and after trying all kind of hight end scopes I end up liking the Russian optics by far in so many ways .... I grow up in Cuba and dad had a Zenit camera , he still has some of the old pics and something about them feel like when looking on the scopes. it's like another dimention more neatly illuminated than real life.... sorry for the off topic...

Daemon I understand don't worry. I feel that you are in the right track with a very good product using common sense but not thinking like a businessman ... every one of those businesses that have part of the market and $$$ every where had to invest to get things moving and we offer to do it for free . Not sure how you can turn that down others pay for that :) .... it's possible that your product it's even better as you did your HW and are very bright... Other are dumb but fast for business and sale garbage by millions no problem lol

I may buy one of your units any way as already have dbs and fpvlr and others like Alfa patches (very good and cheap by the way). Been comparing them for a while now takes a lot of fly data to get to a solid conclusion in different aspects....

Any chance you can tune a dbs or Alfa patches for me ? I'll pay :) ...

Nice, Russian optics at it's best, impressive result of a spherical mirror. I'm a sniper aficionate and after trying all kind of hight end scopes I end up liking the Russian optics by far in so many ways .... I grow up in Cuba and dad had a Zenit camera , he still has some of the old pics and something about them feel like when looking on the scopes. it's like another dimention more neatly illuminated than real life.... sorry for the off topic...

Daemon I understand don't worry. I feel that you are in the right track with a very good product using common sense but not thinking like a businessman ... every one of those businesses that have part of the market and $$$ every where had to invest to get things moving and we offer to do it for free . Not sure how you can turn that down others pay for that :) .... it's possible that your product it's even better as you did your HW and are very bright... Other are dumb but fast for business and sale garbage by millions no problem lol

I may buy one of your units any way as already have dbs and fpvlr and others like Alfa patches (very good and cheap by the way). Been comparing them for a while now takes a lot of fly data to get to a solid conclusion in different aspects....

Any chance you can tune a dbs or Alfa patches for me ? I'll pay :) ...
...The Maksutov (design) scope I have was produced by Meade, they no longer mfg the 7'', a real shame, you can still find the Meade 178mm Mak on the used market i.e. AstroMart, but they don't last long.. in ref to the Antenna, Alfa is one of the most 'Copied' antenna out there, several mfg use their designs.. antennas are like soap, theres dozens of diff type on the shelf, but there are only a few actual chemical recipes.. but to answer your question YES, I can tune any antenna.. in fact the antenna I have for sale are Patch-Type Antenna and if you look at them closely you may recognize the 'shape', the details can be found on my website.. in fact I have successfully fabricated my own patch-type, again, once the weather warms up and the wind dies down I plan to quantify the properties, and of course add that data to my website...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic