Release DJI Ground Station for P2V Waypoints app 1.0.41

Does anyone know where I can DL this thing for android. I'm not seeing the flippin' thing on the playstore on my tablet. I just want to download it and side load it. Why does this have to be such a major f'ing PITA?

-slinger

EDIT: Never mind... found it. What a counter-intuitive update method... twits!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and found it in the playstore. It doesn't look different than the standard app, it is done as an upgrade. I had no problem installing it and running it, but I haven't flown it yet.

gunslinger said:
Does anyone know where I can DL this thing for android. I'm not seeing the flippin' thing on the playstore on my tablet. I just want to download it and side load it. Why does this have to be such a major f'ing PITA?

-slinger

Could you share?

Okay... looks like all is well with my iPhone 4s. It caches the maps, no problem.

My Nexus 7 doesn't cache any local maps. It just sits there, with internet access, hovering over Africa. Is there something else I need to enable? Anyone else have this working okay with a Nexus 7?

Thanks...

-slinger

Is it possible to set the camera to constant snap pictures like every 5 seconds or is just filming possible?

gunslinger said:
Okay... looks like all is well with my iPhone 4s. It caches the maps, no problem.

My Nexus 7 doesn't cache any local maps. It just sits there, with internet access, hovering over Africa. Is there something else I need to enable? Anyone else have this working okay with a Nexus 7?

Thanks...

-slinger

hmmm, hope I don't have to get data service on my tablet.
Let me know if you have success with your Nexus 7

I am still old old version of software app and Phantom due to bad experience on firmware update a few months ago rendering my camera useless. Being careful for now, but with this app update, are you all saying I have to have data phone service? I use an iPad with no service. Can I load local maps using wifi and later fly using ground control or do I have to have data service to work with the maps?

RCRookie said:
gunslinger said:

Thanks...

-slinger

Do you have location services (GPS) turned on in the settings?

dastagg said:
I am still old old version of software app and Phantom due to bad experience on firmware update a few months ago rendering my camera useless. Being careful for now, but with this app update, are you all saying I have to have data phone service? I use an iPad with no service. Can I load local maps using wifi and later fly using ground control or do I have to have data service to work with the maps?

You need data somewhere. The iPad mini I use with the P2V is wifi only so I look at the area I am going to fly at in the waypoints section of the app while is connected to my home wifi. This downloads and caches the map tiles so when I go to the flying area the maps are there.

Tried it yesterday and it worked very well!!!

But as the purpose of waypoints is to let you concentrate on filming, wouldn't it be nice to be able to rotate the quadcopter while it follows a predefined path? It would be great to be able to configure the S2 switch to allow for such option.

lbaker122 said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger

Could you share?

Oh...yeah... sorry... :oops:

Go to Settings... Go to "about" (near the bottom of the page) Go to "Check for new version"... :roll:

-slinger

BigTulsa said:
RCRookie said:
gunslinger said:

Thanks...

-slinger

Do you have location services (GPS) turned on in the settings?

I need to check that as that's probably the issue... But... I was able to manually drill down to my location and the Nexus cached the map info with no problem. Thanks for that tip, bro... :D

-slinger

It was much too windy here yesterday to fly, really... But I couldn't talk myself out of a short test flight. Watching my P2V take off and fly away on its own was a truly pucker filled moment :eek: :shock: This is going to take some getting used to, but it is way cool... :D

-slinger

lbaker122 said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger

Could you share?

+1

AnselA said:
Geert said:
It feels a bit strange to see your Phantom flying around while you do not have to control it.

:lol:

Geert.

Before GS that feeling was called a "flyaway"... ;P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was my very first impression. This is working, right? It's gonna stop at that first waypoint... right??!!! If it's a flyaway you're giving it a real nice head start... :eek: :shock: :oops:

-slinger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31