Regulations - explanation

Reaction score
Hello,
Iam trying to understand regulations to fly drones. I am from Czech Republic and here, we can't fly in cities or over the people or cars.. There are of course some videos but people are going crazy and theres so much criticism about illegal footage that creators have to delete them.
My colleague (he has all licences) told me that you can't fly over people or in cities or over another's else land all over the world. (In Czech Republic you have to have permissions of every landowner you fly over and every ppl beyond the drones - which makes shooting in city illegal everytime)

I just don't understand youtubers, who fly in cities and make videos of it everyday. For example: Casey Neistat, Jon Olsson, Austin Augie and many many more.... just fly in the cities, over people and no one care?
I just don't get it and I really would like to understand it a little bit more.

For example: skip to 8:30

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So how exactly you can/can't fly in the cities and over people??

Thank you very much and please excuse my english.

In the US, under Part 107, you may not fly directly over people unless you have a Waiver. Yes, people do fly over people without a Waiver and are deviating from the regulations when they do. The FAA simply lacks the necessary manpower to go police every occurrence of violated regulations.

Reactions: fstx
Your friend is incorrect about the laws he mentioned throughout the world... and I doubt he even bothered to check. In some areas you can fly in cities and over people's lane without their permission. Also, people throughout the world have free will. Do you care if people speed and could kill someone? What are you doing about that? It kills far more people then drones.

This has been discussed many times, even Casey Neistat directly, at length.

Reactions: fstx and Neon Euc
In the US, under Part 107, you may not fly directly over people unless you have a Waiver. Yes, people do fly over people without a Waiver and are deviating from the regulations when they do. The FAA simply lacks the necessary manpower to go police every occurrence of violated regulations.
This means that citizens living in the country (USA for now) can fly in the cities? (so what is Casey doing is legal?)
and by Waiver you meant program for tourists?
Visa Waiver Program

Your friend is incorrect about the laws he mentioned throughout the world... and I doubt he even bothered to check. In some areas you can fly in cities and over people's lane without their permission. Also, people throughout the world have free will. Do you care if people speed and could kill someone? What are you doing about that? It kills far more people then drones.

This has been discussed many times, even Casey Neistat directly, at length.
Thank you..
Yes I understand that.. the question isn't really about the level of danger of drones, its more about legal/illegal footage. I don't know about the rest of the world, but here in Czech Republic they have got 5 years from the day of uploading a video to examine it and give pretty high fine.
Can you please specify the areas where its legal to fly in cities and over people?

Thanks

Can you please specify the areas where its legal to fly in cities and over people?
No. It would require me to search the Internet for every single country in the world and I don't see that you'd be able to use that information in any meaningful way.

No. It would require me to search the Internet for every single country in the world and I don't see that you'd be able to use that information in any meaningful way.
I didnt want you to search the internet, i just thought you know some of the places. Can anyone summarize this issue (flying in city, over ppl) at least for US and Canada?
I would be thankfull.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers