Red solid camera LED

Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem with a DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus v3.0

The problem is: when I turn on the Phantom, the camera LED no blinks and only show a solid red light and no image or telemetry on the phone.
  • The drone and the gimbal works fine.
  • tried with different SD card and have applied all updates except this FC200_firmware_v1.3.0g because I can’t. I tried the corresponding procedure but does not work.
  • I use the 1.0.58 DJI VISION app in at last two mobile device and DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.

I applied all firmware updates (excludingcamera):

Main controller: 3.14
P330CB: 1.0.2.10
Zen IMU: 1.0.0.6

I have not flown with the phantom 2 vision plus, this is completely new yet.

Someone has been able to solve a similar issue without having sent the phantom to DJI?

134218dos.jpg

First check the three plugs on the gimbal and make sure they are all plunged in and tight. What happens when you try to update the firmware on the camera. Did you put the file on a blank SD card and rename the file xxxx.bin as The text file says. Then insert the card in the camera and power up the Phantom. It should read the file and upgrade itself and then the light turns green upon completion. You have to be exact. If you are sure you are following the procedure and it still doesn't work it's call support time.

Plugs are OK, but I will disassemble the camera to be sure. When I try to update nothing happens, the red LED mantine and unchanging. Of course I follow the procedure as described DJI.

You don't see any scrapes or cracks in the camera ribbon cable do you?

Reactions: David Bruce Kerr
Hi, I have a problem with a DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus v3.0

The problem is: when I turn on the Phantom, the camera LED no blinks and only show a solid red light and no image or telemetry on the phone.
  • The drone and the gimbal works fine.
  • tried with different SD card and have applied all updates except this FC200_firmware_v1.3.0g because I can’t. I tried the corresponding procedure but does not work.
  • I use the 1.0.58 DJI VISION app in at last two mobile device and DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.

I applied all firmware updates (excludingcamera):

Main controller: 3.14
P330CB: 1.0.2.10
Zen IMU: 1.0.0.6

I have not flown with the phantom 2 vision plus, this is completely new yet.

Someone has been able to solve a similar issue without having sent the phantom to DJI?

View attachment 24367
Did you ever get this sorted if so what was the fault thanks

Did you ever get this sorted if so what was the fault thanks

Hey Airwolf359,
Member Hunch, was referring to the ribbon cable, that is part of your gimbal, not the cables coming from phantom belly.
He works on these cameras a LOT, and has seen it time and time again, it is the cheapest part, and worth looking into.
( hint, replacing ribbon cable, START at camera unit, work your way up, clipping, and taping it down as you go, then END at gimbal board. )

Hope this helps,
J Dot
:cool:

Hi did u resolve the issue am having the same issue after replacing ribbon pleae help

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hey all I was having the same problem solid red light on camera gimbal worked fine with dial on controller but no video or telemetry satellite etc. purchased a new camera for J Dot ( Great Guy ! ) mounted and plugged in hooked right up worked great. He had told me there was probably something wrong with the control board for the gimbal. If you can find a new camera for a decent price I would try that if the cable doesn’t work. Saving old camera for parts. This was just my fix hope it helps y’all who are having the same red light of death...as I Called it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers