Red Green Yellow

I had this same issue and was about to give up. Then I removed the top shell and carefully removed the cables and wires from the Naza unit. (I took pictures of the connections and general set up so I would know how to put it back together.) I took a screwdriver handle and sharply whacked the Naza unit once, very sharply on the side opposite the Naza logo. (I did not remove the Naza from the circuit board.)
Then I put it all back together, plugged it into the assistant software and did an "Advanced Calibration." I unplugged everything and shut it down. Then I took it outside and to my relief, IT WORKED!
I flew it conservatively for about 8 minutes in GPS mode and it flew perfectly.
I don't really know what I did to fix it, specifically, but somehow, something I did worked.
DJI really needs to provide a software solution fix for this Red-Green-Yellow, Error 25. I paid almost $700 for my Phantom, and at that price it shouldn't screw up the accelerometer every time I have a hard landing. Otherwise this is a toy - and I'll invest in an Arduino Quad when I'm ready to upgrade!
Robert

McRob,

I'm glad it worked, yes the Naza is hard to take off as it is put on by double sided tape ... just slide a flat screwdriver under it and prize it off, but I do know what you mean that you didn't want to take it off and if that works for you good.

Least we know the solution now as I'm sure DJI didnt know until these problems were occurring.

I'm sure you wont have any more problems and enjoy flying.

JS

My Phantom arrived today, and despite carefully doing some test flying in the driveway (staying <15 feet up, and within a very small radius) it did tip over and hit the ground. It was fine until I turned everything off and came inside. I powered it back up and it looks like I've joined the RGY Club.

Checking with the NAZA assistant, it showed a value of "ROR" on the Y axis for Acceleration. I did a full calibration and brought everything to normal numbers... but the dreaded "Other ERR[25] was still flashing at the bottom of the assistant.

Here's the weird part... I took it outside and set up as if I was going to do a normal flight... and it worked fine. I flew around a bit, landed it. All is well, except when I checked with NAZA Assistant, it still had the "Other ERR[25]". Then on my next attempt, the RGY returned. So I repeated the whole process, and it worked again. And this time when I used the assistant to clear it, I was flying again. And the "Other ERR[25]" went away too!

None of this does much to enhance my confidence in the product.

Sac D said:
My Phantom arrived today, and despite carefully doing some test flying in the driveway (staying <15 feet up, and within a very small radius) it did tip over and hit the ground. It was fine until I turned everything off and came inside. I powered it back up and it looks like I've joined the RGY Club.

Checking with the NAZA assistant, it showed a value of "ROR" on the Y axis for Acceleration. I did a full calibration and brought everything to normal numbers... but the dreaded "Other ERR[25] was still flashing at the bottom of the assistant.

Here's the weird part... I took it outside and set up as if I was going to do a normal flight... and it worked fine. I flew around a bit, landed it. All is well, except when I checked with NAZA Assistant, it still had the "Other ERR[25]". Then on my next attempt, the RGY returned. So I repeated the whole process, and it worked again. And this time when I used the assistant to clear it, I was flying again. And the "Other ERR[25]" went away too!

None of this does much to enhance my confidence in the product.

UPDATE: After two days and several flights... the RGY has returned! WTF? Any suggestions?

...and now today the RGY has gone away again. I wrote to DJI, and got a very terse response:

The sensor is not working well. Pls contact dealer for repair service directly.

Best regards,

DJI Innovations
www.dji-innovations.com

Great, huh? Ugh.

Sac D said:
...and now today the RGY has gone away again. I wrote to DJI, and got a very terse response:

The sensor is not working well. Pls contact dealer for repair service directly.

Best regards,

DJI Innovations
http://www.dji-innovations.com

Great, huh? Ugh.

Sac,
They like only dealing through the dealer you purchased it from. I received basically had the same response but my dealer was fantastic in which he gave the full instructions of the fix. Have you taken out the Naza and done the instructions. After that you should do a full and or basic calibration which should get rid of the error 25. if it is still doing it then I would suggest to do the slam again. You do give it a bit of a whack on the table (Naza writing facing up and on it side...) the Sensor? referring to ???

I don't mind going through some effort to resolve problems on my own, but somehow the "fix" for this situation seems a bit severe... it's like fixing your car by hitting it with a baseball bat, not very technical at all. LOL

Sac D said:
I don't mind going through some effort to resolve problems on my own, but somehow the "fix" for this situation seems a bit severe... it's like fixing your car by hitting it with a baseball bat, not very technical at all. LOL

Yeah, I don't blame you mate, the first response I got from DJI was to give the Phantom a whack on the side.... anyway maybe the Naza hasn't engage correctly and its falling back into fault.

JS .

Actually, I've determined that it will clear the RGY (but not the ERR25) if I smack the right side of the Phantom at a 45 degree angle in a downwards strike. I've found the best thing to use for this to avoid damage is the heel of a soft-soled shoe. Don't tell me that's what NASA does when they have a balky device! LOL. But it does resolve things enough so that I can fly.

It's still a little jumpy when hovering though. And the RGY does eventually come back. But at least now my problem is infrequent instead of intermittent. Still hoping there's either a permanent fix or a replacement in my future. Hopefully I will be able to get in contact with my dealer (Midwest Surveillance/Network Camera Supply) tomorrow or Tuesday.

Sac D said:
Actually, I've determined that it will clear the RGY (but not the ERR25) if I smack the right side of the Phantom at a 45 degree angle in a downwards strike. I've found the best thing to use for this to avoid damage is the heel of a soft-soled shoe. Don't tell me that's what NASA does when they have a balky device! LOL. But it does resolve things enough so that I can fly.

It's still a little jumpy when hovering though. And the RGY does eventually come back. But at least now my problem is infrequent instead of intermittent. Still hoping there's either a permanent fix or a replacement in my future. Hopefully I will be able to get in contact with my dealer (Midwest Surveillance/Network Camera Supply) tomorrow or Tuesday.

Sac,

Have you taken out the Naza from the Phantom at any stage? That is pulled the Phantom apart, put a flat screwdriver under the Naza-M as it is fixed down by double sided tape and then followed the instructions for the fix as in my previous post. After that then put it back together do the compass calibration and then the advanced calibration which should clear the error 25.

The jumpy part can be the compass and the settings not correct.

I'm just asking as I'm not sure at any stage you have said you have taken the Naza out.

JS

stevo42 said:
Sac,

Have you taken out the Naza from the Phantom at any stage? That is pulled the Phantom apart, put a flat screwdriver under the Naza-M as it is fixed down by double sided tape and then followed the instructions for the fix as in my previous post. After that then put it back together do the compass calibration and then the advanced calibration which should clear the error 25.

I'm just asking as I'm not sure at any stage you have said you have taken the Naza out.

JS

No sir, I haven't gone so far as to start cracking it open and checking it out. (And I don't have a long enough torq driver to get to those four screws just outboard of the landing gear. I'm not even sure what size those are. Anyway, once I -do- get to that point, I'm going to start hacking at the case and make some simple mods, such as installing a USB port in the side of it so I don't have to keep digging that cable out, and figuring out an elegant spot to have my battery monitor LED and siren installed.

I've rejoined the RGY club. After sending my unit back to the dealer for evaluation & repair, I got it back about a week ago. Excitedly, I attached props, loaded a battery, and set out for the backyard adventure I had been missing. All went fine for several days. This evening I was flying around the yard, carefully, just being friendly with the Phantom. I set it down gently on a patio table, and lifted off again just as gently. Flying across the yard I did the same thing, a gentle landing and full spin-down of the props. When I lifted off again, I didn't throttle up fast enough and the Phantom fell over the side, plummeting a full 18 inches to the patio. That's all she wrote. I brought it indoors for a recalibration, only to see the dreaded Error 25, the sign of a NAZA soul exiting its body.
A quick back story here, yesterday while flying at a park, I set it down in the top of a tree and had to extract it by climbing. At no point did it drop, or take a hard hit of any type. Brand new props are hardly scathed. Yet when trying to fly again, it veered hard to the right, just as a previous post had described. Only full stick would keep it on a straight course. I managed to bring it back, land and brought it home. Hooking it up to the computer via USB port, I ran the recalibration program. After it finished, everything was back to normal. I flew a full 3 batteries around the yard late last night.
After talking to the dealer, he told me I would have to order a NAZA board. How can they market these things when they're so touchy? A previous unit I had, which sadly drowned after crashing into a river, taking my GoPro with it straight to the bottom never to be seen again, took all my first-timer beginner crashes, drops, bangs, and full-speed impacts into trees without anything detrimental happening to it. Except the water.
Is it just me, or does anyone else think there could be a quality control issue with the NAZA manufacturers?
Sorry about the long-winded intro to ask the one simple question, but it has to be asked. It would be interesting to find out if they've changed manufacturers or materials or something. Class Action anyone?

I forgot to mention that the vibration from the new one have rendered the video completely unusable, whereas the first (drowned) unit didn't have a vibration/jello problem at all...

stevo42 said:
Sac,

JS

I finally broke down last night and cracked it open. It seemed like the NAZA popped out pretty easily, I guess the thing is to catch it at just the right angle to pry it loose. I'm sure it's easier to do now, on a new one, than it would be after a year or two of bonding with the double sided tape. Anyway, I made sure that I had it pointed in the direction that would be opposite of the more solid hits it has taken... and gave it a good whack on the desk. Then I gave it another for good measure.

After putting everything back together, I took it out for a quick midnight flight in the street in front of my house. All I did was re-calibrate the compass, then take it up about 20 feet and let it hover. It seemed pretty stable although its still drifting a bit to the rear. I think that may be the GPS telling the rear motors to pull harder to make up for the camera in the front. Not sure about that. I brought it in and hooked up to the PC, no ERR25 at that point. Just connected again, and everything looks normal. I'm getting addicted to calibrating, and run it a lot, whether it says it needs it or not. I'll try to get a more complete flight test in today.

I am on my 3rd Phantom. The other two had the RGY problem. It is ridiculous they would have such a flimsy NAZA for what they are trying to market for general consumers. Now, I am paranoid while flying, that it isn't fun. It is like $700 in bills hovering over a fire.

So I decided to update the firmware on my perfectly functioning P2, and in the house it seemed all good. Took it out into the field and I got the Red Green Yellow error and could not start it. I tried power cycling everything several times and no luck.

Did anyone else experience this after updating to the latest firmware on both the P2 and the controller?

I'll try and hook it all up again tomorrow morning and see if I can trouble shoot it somehow.

ShotBy.CA said:
So I decided to update the firmware on my perfectly functioning P2, and in the house it seemed all good. Took it out into the field and I got the Red Green Yellow error and could not start it. I tried power cycling everything several times and no luck.

Did anyone else experience this after updating to the latest firmware on both the P2 and the controller?

I'll try and hook it all up again tomorrow morning and see if I can trouble shoot it somehow.

Solved my own problem here by connecting it, doing yet another update to 3.04 from 3.02 (I think those are the numbers), and doing an advanced IMU calibration and VOILA! All good again... phew!

I had checked my DJI PHANTOM CASE in with the luggage on a flight to Kauai, 2 stops. Unpacked the Phantom to find the gimbal cable torn and the USB L connector for the GoPro loose in the GoProfessional case. Turned on the Phantom and got the dreaded RED GREEN YELLOW...

Did an ADVANCED CALIBRATION and it appeared to complete it even though the status BLUE bar was not quite all the way to the right. Took it out to fly and once again got the RED GREEN YELLOW...

Turned it all off. Did an Advanced Calibration again
Re-seated all cables, compass power connector cable, FPV XMTR etc.
Ran ADVANCED CALIBRATION AGAIN and it COMPLETED, stating READY...

The problem solved. Transporting it must have caused some severe trauma like it falling off the conveyor belt or getting dropped. I highly recommend disconnecting the cable L connector and removing the gopro and using velcro cable ties to secure the gimbal as well before handing over to an airline as luggage, or better yet take it onboard as a carry-on.

I have same issue, mine wont connect to pc, and blinks red and yellow, and motors beeping, so i tap it and its good ? Was in a crash before i used it last.

Help!!!
I m trying to update the phantom 3 pro and I get
Two ref lights
2 flashy Yellow
And the cámara tilt up and down with a constant sound
Help please!

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads