Red Green Yellow

Joined
Feb 8, 2013
Messages
11
Likes
0
#1
I just got my DJI Phantom and have been having problems getting it off the ground. I get a Red Green Yellow flash as soon as i turn it on. It just keeps flashing in that order with a pause after the yellow flash. Any help will be appreciated =)

Thanks :D
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2013
Messages
1,859
Likes
4
Location
Sherman Oaks, CA
#2
iphilms said:
I just got my DJI Phantom and have been having problems getting it off the ground. I get a Red Green Yellow flash as soon as i turn it on. It just keeps flashing in that order with a pause after the yellow flash. Any help will be appreciated =)

Thanks :D
Eeek.
as stated in the NAZA-M Quick Start Guide (which you can download from DJI's site, along with other manuals,.and software and drivers).
"After the system start and self-checking has finished, if the LED blinks Red, Yellow and Green
continually, that means the IMU data is abnormal. The NAZA-M system will not work, please connect to
the Assistant Software and follow the tips to do operation."

Hope you can get it working.
(bookmark this link for other blink anomalies
http://www.helipal.com/dji-phantom-gps-drone-rtf.html
when everything is dialed in, you should have a slow single green blink.
 
Joined
Feb 8, 2013
Messages
11
Likes
0
#4
I downloaded the software and did the IMU advanced calibration. The calibration was successful but when i unplug, the phantom still gives me red green yellow
 
Joined
Feb 17, 2013
Messages
19
Likes
0
#6
I'm having the same problem, red-green-yellow continual cycle. The unit flew immediately (after battery charge) after unpacking & assembly. I landed it & stowed it for 2 days. When I went to fly again, it went into the RGY cycle and hasn't come out since. I downloaded the DJI NAZA Assistant software, but can't get it to do anything except read the firmware versions, etc from the unit. All other options are greyed out or otherwise inaccessible.

Any and all suggestions appreciated!
Thanks,
Christopher Hardcastle
 
Joined
Feb 8, 2013
Messages
11
Likes
0
#7
Hi Christopher. Did you find any solution to this? I contacted DJI directly and they have been slow responding back. But they told me "The error 25 is caused by the physical accelerometer becoming stuck within the IMU. This is caused by the Phantom enduring a hard lateral crash" .. I told them my phantom did not crash. I am waiting for a response of what I can do to fix it. Praying that they will respond.

PostalProductions said:
I'm having the same problem, red-green-yellow continual cycle. The unit flew immediately (after battery charge) after unpacking & assembly. I landed it & stowed it for 2 days. When I went to fly again, it went into the RGY cycle and hasn't come out since. I downloaded the DJI NAZA Assistant software, but can't get it to do anything except read the firmware versions, etc from the unit. All other options are greyed out or otherwise inaccessible.

Any and all suggestions appreciated!
Thanks,
Christopher Hardcastle
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2013
Messages
1,859
Likes
4
Location
Sherman Oaks, CA
#8
iphilms said:
"The error 25 is caused by the physical accelerometer becoming stuck within the IMU. This is caused by the Phantom enduring a hard lateral crash" ..
Eeek, since crashing my Phantom, I've had one moment where I was getting those flashes, but the calibration fixed it.
however things just haven't seemed the same since then.
 
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
22
Likes
1
#9
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u4e537rpsccr ... ttings.JPG

May also need help here, well had my first crash with the Phantom filming a training session and smacked into a tree as going for a closer shot ... I now got the dreaded red green orange flashing lights.

Now when I plug into the software I have error 25 and also in the acceleration "y" has error in the box. I have read that the light configuration of Red Green Yellow could be the Naza MC which may have been damaged? Do others getting the same parameters settings as mine. I'm wondering if I should down load the calibrations settings and put in again?

If I or others find a cure or solution I will post as there seems to be different error 25 with different problems.

Thanks,

JS
 
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
22
Likes
1
#10
iphilms said:
Hi Christopher. Did you find any solution to this? I contacted DJI directly and they have been slow responding back. But they told me "The error 25 is caused by the physical accelerometer becoming stuck within the IMU. This is caused by the Phantom enduring a hard lateral crash" .. I told them my phantom did not crash. I am waiting for a response of what I can do to fix it. Praying that they will respond.
Iphilms,

If they said the "physical accelerometer becoming stuck with the IMU" during a crash then why didn't they give you an answer. Does the Naza ma need replacing? or is there a software download which will fix this? I find it hard that they told you this but what is the fix? or did they not have an answer to that. I to have sent them an email with the prognosis I have. Hopefully they have something as I see more and more are going to have this problem from a little crash.

JS
 
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
22
Likes
1
#12
iphilms said:
I have no idea why they didnt give me an answer. I was hoping they would, but now im just waiting for a reply.
Thanks mate, if I get something I will post on here for reference, as I seem this is something that may be a common problem as more of these are coming on the market.

JS
 
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
22
Likes
1
#13
Hi all,

I received a email from DJI North America in regards to Error 25.

John

The error 25 is cause by a hard crash on the lateral side the accelerometer
what happens is it sticks on that side. We have found that if the Phantom is
hit on the other side it will normally un-stik it. I hope this help. Please contact your dealer
for further inquiries

DJI
North America
Costumer Support
 
Joined
Feb 8, 2013
Messages
11
Likes
0
#15
Hmm so should i bang my phantom on the other side to un-stick it ? Is that the solution ?


stevo42 said:
Hi all,

I received a email from DJI North America in regards to Error 25.

John

The error 25 is cause by a hard crash on the lateral side the accelerometer
what happens is it sticks on that side. We have found that if the Phantom is
hit on the other side it will normally un-stik it. I hope this help. Please contact your dealer
for further inquiries

DJI
North America
Costumer Support
 
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
22
Likes
1
#16
Well I haven't had the chance to do that yet as I'm at work. I think maybe shaking it may help, or a thump with your hand but not sure which side to hit it with, but at least they have come up with a solution. Can you remember which side the phantom hit anything or is this not the case.
I have replied email ask about the accelerometer and what it is connected to, is it part of the Naza M? I'm not sure but at least we have something as I say they are having a few of these starting to happen and just recently I think they may have worked out the problem.

JS
 
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
22
Likes
1
#18
PostalProductions said:
The solution was to send it back to the retailer for evaluation and possible warranty coverage. Cool with me, except I can't fly for about two weeks.
Ok, This is the fix before you send it back.

Just bear in mind I am away and have not had a chance to try this.

Email: Hi John

Tried to call you to solve the Phantom problem - red-green-orange
This is also known as the Acc Y ERROR - ERR{26}

This type of error is caused by the NAZA inside being subject to a crash or a shipping handle jarring - sudden G
The fix involves removing the NAZA from the Phantom ; disconnecting all wiring - apply a sharp G force to it (tapping it once briskly against a table top) - re-install and fly

I can go over this with you on the phone
cheers Q

Thanks for looking at our site and our products!

Regards
Quinton Marais
AlouetteIII

MultiWiiCopter.com
33 Doubleview Dr, ELANORA, Q 4221
AUSTRALIA [email protected]
T ±61 7 5598 3999
F ±61 7 5598 3988
 
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
22
Likes
1
#20
Received more information in regards to fixing the Error 25 or Error 26 for the Red Green Yellow.

The tapp need to by very positive - roll it on it side with the NAZA writing (text up) on the right - run your index finger along the top - then lift it to 200mm and strike it down very fast - (crack) - onto the desktop - just once

cheers q

Hope this helps

JS
 

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
129,647
Messages
1,346,579
Members
94,470
Latest member
atarheelblue