Recommendations for increased range?

Reaction score
In my neighborhood it has gone 3500 ft after reviewing flight data . By the water 4000ft , I would love to get more .

There's a guy that sells such modded antenna on this forum, the price is kinda high but he is a pro and can probably triple your range or more :
http://fpvlr.com/store/product/phantom-3-advanced-antenna-kit/.

On the cheap side you can always use tick Alluminum Panels(Copper work better)(Don't use thin foil it is to thin) as reflector behind your remote control antenna, it will make the signal more directional and can easyly double your range for less then 1$
Something similar to this video(BUT NOT WITH THIN FOIL):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

, use Alluminum Cans or Copper plates and try to set the focal points of the reflector properly(use google for maths about this:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=refl...gEIq6yQTYz4L4Bg&ved=0CDYQsAQ&biw=1273&bih=850

also do NOT paint the reflecting side it negate the effect).

P/S: Using a similar mod and extended testing on different designs and tuning focal point i was able to get more then double the range of my Phantom 2 Vision for less then 3$.

Last edited:
Ya this is obviously the cheapest trick !

I live in the SF bay area my buddy is always pushing the limits, he has gone over 12,000 feet away in the city no problem but at a pretty high altitude id rather not say or people will get mad and start crying on here haha

wanna go farther just go higher , this bird has more capability In distance than the battery will even allow upgrades are a waste in my opinion on the P3

Reactions: dirkclod and isopro
In my neighborhood it has gone 3500 ft after reviewing flight data . By the water 4000ft , I would love to get more .

Are you serious? I've been 2.2 miles easy with no modifications. That is nearly 12,000ft! You are talking about the Phantom 3, right?

Reactions: millertime510
Farthest I can go in my neighborhood is about 1600 ft before rth kicks in. :(

Get the P3 Advanced Kit with amps from FPVLR!! I got mine a few days ago and it def helps!!! But, nothing will help if you live in the city with houses all around you because most likely they have wi-fi and they will interfere with long range communication. I never had a problem where thequad had a mind of its own but it will prevent you from long range communication. I am in Brooklyn, NY and the kit did help my overall range. But if you get the kit and have space around you, forget it! Miles and miles of range!!!!

In an open area with direct LOS, I went to 13,200' without any mods. It was saying "Control signal weak" at that distance but FPV was super solid. Could've gone further but I don't know how much. It is awesome - that's just a hair over the best I ever got with my P2V+ using 3 add-on antennas, but on that one the FPV was never solid over 12,000', even at 320x240@15 & booster app. The P3 is amazing - just make sure you know how to point the antennas. At far distances it seems to be quite sensitive.

Reactions: Stan_in_KS
I noticed even a single tall tree can reduce your LOS signal, some of the power is being backscattered even without obviously blocking it. Always face directly towards where it is as the twin antennas produce a sort of 'torch beam' of signal.
If you get a warning signal is low don't panic - go up or move it or yourself sideways a short way might help.
An extra 100 feet altitude makes all the difference.

I thought the antennas were supposed to be vertical, straight up and parallel to one another.
Perpendicular to the ground, and a pointed a few degrees away from one another. Note that perpendicular to the ground doesn't mean 'straight up'. Another way to think about it is the antenna should be parallel to the antenna in the bird's legs.

Reactions: Stan_in_KS
Nonsense... FPVLR is the only one out with a P3 Kit , and distance is more than double what battery allows, CP also will allow you to go low to the ground and behind obstacles more than any other cheap linear solution. Also you get money back guaratee with FPVLR.COM
How easy does this come off the remote? I see there's an attachment to the remote. I want to be able to take this off and put the remote in the case. This adds bulk, so I'd like to know how fast it can be removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.