Recommendations - Case for Phantom 3 Standard

Reaction score
I will be traveling (flying) later this month and want to bring my Drone - P3S. I currently keep my drone in its original box but need something that will protect it better. Doesn't have to be a hard case. I will consider a "backpack" style case/holder. Not looking to spend too much as I don't travel too often. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Also - if anyone has any recommendations on how to travel (fly) with a drone, please share. I've heard there may be issues with the battery in a carry-on?

Thanks!

I use the manfrotto version of the DJI soft backpack. $100 cheaper than the DJI variant. Was quite sturdy throughout Europe. I ran into no problems at any airport. Don't check your lithium batteries into your checked luggage, it's not allowed. Aside from that, read the laws of the countries that you visit. You can find some information on DJI's site. Taking a hardcase isn't worthwhile as a) it needs to be checked and b) it's a pain in the ***. Maybe a hardshell backpack would be OK.

I have an inexpensive eBay backpack if you just want something cheap and light. Came with a drone I bought but I have no use for it. PM me if you have any interest.

I use the manfrotto version of the DJI soft backpack. $100 cheaper than the DJI variant. Was quite sturdy throughout Europe. I ran into no problems at any airport. Don't check your lithium batteries into your checked luggage, it's not allowed. Aside from that, read the laws of the countries that you visit. You can find some information on DJI's site. Taking a hardcase isn't worthwhile as a) it needs to be checked and b) it's a pain in the ***. Maybe a hardshell backpack would be OK.

I have an inexpensive eBay backpack if you just want something cheap and light. Came with a drone I bought but I have no use for it. PM me if you have any interest.
Thank you for all the info. Really appreciate it! I will be PM'ing!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.