reciever PPM no longer works

Reaction score
Hi,

after upgrading the Firmware the PPM mode does no longer work
Whenever I switch to D-Bus, I can see the control, as soon as I go back to PPM, there seems to be no communication between the transmitter and the Phantom.
This is confirmed in both the software and when starting up the Phantom without USB, the LED rapidly flashes yellow, indicating it does not have a transmitter.

The receiver board indicates that the transmitter is functional. when the transmitter is OFF, the red LED in the Phantom lights up
as soon as the tranmitter is switched ON, the LED switches off

any help would be appreciated,
4me2

I have just tried with D-Bus mode and the Phantom works.
I have only tried it inside and I need to calibrate the compass each time I am starting up, but when selecting D-bus and not PPM, the Phantom flies.

There are a few strange things though:
- The switch is set to ATTI and the other to OFF
this is because I am test flying inside (used to fly heli's)
With the switches set to OFF and ATTI, in my opinion it should not try to control any movement (correct?)

However.... it is trying to Head lock (wanting to point in the same direction)
And it seems to want to "hover" in altitude.

I tested first with one hand around the landing gear to see how (and how fast) it would respond to the stick(s)
but when trying to turn (rudder) back to it;s original heading???

Now I know that everywhere they say that the Receiver mode should be PPM, but with PPM mode, the whole transmitter is no longer recognized???

Could there be a board broken?
Any help would be highly appreciated.

4me2

Unfortunately nobody is helping....

I have just flown outside and GPS does not seem functional AT ALL
Also I need to "calibrate the compass" each time before flight.

The light is flashing red and yellow until I flip the switch 5x (not 10 like in the manual) and go into Compass calibration mode
than it becomes green and it does not matter if I switch it to GPS mode or not.
The light remains green but when the Phantom is put into a drift and I let go of the sticks, it keeps on drifting.
Actually this is "logical behavior" since the PPM does not work and therefore the software of the NAZA can't interfere.

Any suggestions?

4me2

Run the whole firmware update again.

Power off and leave it off for 20 minutes.

Start NAZA Assistant, plug in USB. Power on Phantom battery. Immediately go to Advanced IMU Calibration and run it with Phantom on a vibration-free and level suface.

Power cycle. Go outside and do a compass calibration (flip GPS to ATTI 6 times, ending on ATTI).

Plug back into NAZA Assistant and import the Phantom Default Configuration Parameters from DJI.com.

Make sure receiver type is set to PPM.

Attempt to calibrate your sticks. If you can't, your transmitter is no longer bound to your receiver. Google for the process to re-bind the two. Then calibrate your sticks again.

Go outside and do another compass calibration. Make sure you get all green lights on the GPS.

Attempt to fly.

4me2 said:
Unfortunately nobody is helping....

I have just flown outside and GPS does not seem functional AT ALL
Also I need to "calibrate the compass" each time before flight.

Same problem here, receiver isn't recognized when PPM is selected.

I"ll send an error report to DJI.

Did you resolve your problem?

Do firmware update

Load the config file

Calibrate your compass (first pass light is yellow, second pass it is green and then goes off/starts flashing when complete)

Connect to your PC re-enable IOC

Calibrate your Tx

Do advanced cal on your IMU ignoring the message that says it does not need it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx0YHQeWaj8

UTR said:
Do firmware update

Load the config file

Calibrate your compass (first pass light is yellow, second pass it is green and then goes off/starts flashing when complete)

Connect to your PC re-enable IOC

Calibrate your Tx

Do advanced cal on your IMU ignoring the message that says it does not need it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx0YHQeWaj8

Have done all that.
Still when setting transmitter in PPM mode it doesn't work, isn't recognized.
D-Bus is recognized, and I do have GPS functions (at least some) and it can be flown.

What would/should be the difference between PPM and D-Bus?

It looks like everything is working with the transmitter in D-Bus.
Strange...
Got a mail from DJI stating:

"Please kindly upgrade the firmware of Naza-M V2 within Phantom to the V4.00.
Upgrade the default setting from the website.
And then change the receiver’s type to D-BUS in the assistant software.
Then finish the IMU advanced calibration and GPS & compass calibration."

Can anyone with an Naza-M V2 and firmware v 4.0 confirm that they also have D-Bus checked in the assistant software?

easydone said:

Can anyone with an Naza-M V2 and firmware v 4.0 confirm that they also have D-Bus checked in the assistant software?

I have selected D-Bus after all the same problems. everything is working I think, except my X1 lever switch to tilt the GoPro on the Zenmuse Gimbal. It stays tilted down.... :(
Anyone??? Please help!

Anyone have any updates on this? Still searching for an answer. I upgraded from v4.00 to v4.02. D-Bus works, PPM doesn't

I have mine on D-Bus and everything appears to work normally without having to re-calibrate each time.

I'm on v4.02 and running a Phantom 1.1.1 (with a newer/different receiver and transmitter).

Which one are you guys running?

Ok. So I tried to set the controller to PPM on my V1.1.1. Naza update 4.02. And it just flipped over on launch. So re ran the update and installed phantom default file from dji. Then IMU and basic calibration also transmitted on d-bus again and recalibrated the controller. All seems fine now

Mikkiii said:
easydone said:

I have selected D-Bus after all the same problems. everything is working I think, except my X1 lever switch to tilt the GoPro on the Zenmuse Gimbal. It stays tilted down.... :(
Anyone??? Please help!

Go to Assistant -> basic -> RC and recalibrate your X! (right side of page)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic