Reception stock vs windsurfer

Reaction score
So I got one of David's windsurfers today and man that thing fit's perfect. Definitely notice a difference just from my backyard. One thing I did notice and wanted to see if anyone else has seen this phenomenon. With a stock setup, I always lose the FPV signal first before the RC starts to fade. With the windsurfer setup, although I'm getting longer range, my RC control is the first to fade. I though maybe it was just because I was watching both signals with the upgrade, and the first thing I notice is the fuzzy/digitized FPV picture before I look at signal. But when I compared stock vs WS on the identical route. FPV definitely fades first on stock setup while RC remains stable. Is the lightbridge naturally stronger signal that the upgrade enhances? Anybody else experience this?

Yes, I see the same and its expected. It's nothing wrong with David's windsurfer, but more a function of the different channels/bandwidth used by RC vs video feed. In my case, I can adjust up to 32ch for video if wanted, but it's useless since you can change the RC and it drops first while using a windsurfer or other similar mod. I think we are just at the max range w/o modding the antennas on the bird or some other mod.
I'm just happy I've exceeded DJIs max expected range

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl