Recently fly away caused by version DJI GO 3.1.2 - Could I have taken control manually?

When did you notice the "new" RTH and was that where it was at the start?

AD

Hi there. The drone was around 10m from my horizontally and around 100m up. I was in a field but I could hear some people coming up from the field behind me so I initiated the RTH so I could keep a look out for the people and cancel the landing if necessary. If was when I did that, the app said "Home point has been upgraded" and it moved the positive to 1400m north. Right in the middle of a forest, obviously not where my original home point was :/

OK, at least I understand the sequence of events a bit better.

Thanks.

AD

Just wanted to say when this happened to me I pressed the cancel RTH red circle with cross through and I took control. Definitely shows why we should be always visually in distance of the drone, although people who want to test range etc shouldn't have to put up with it. Anyway I can always recall that moment when I saw £400 pound start flying off over tree's towards a highly populated town centre . . .scary :/

I have lost connection before even when the drone was in line of sight (in an area with heavy interference), so even that's not a safe solution to a problem that DJI created. The fact remains that they created a safeguard (failsafe RTH) that automatically takes and flies somewhere it shouldn't (and somewhere the pilot does not reasonably expect it should land). So yeah, if you still have a connection, it is possible to cancel it and safely fly to the actual correct home location. But there are things out of the pilot's control that can happen even to the best pilots, and this bug is DJI's responsibility. I would hate to see what happens if the Phantom went to the incorrect home location and actually caused injury or damage other than the drone itself. The owner would be in for a very serious court case, and DJI would likely be dragged into it and perhaps held accountable as well. The key here is that the pilot has NO ability to stop a wildly off course flyaway if it performs a failsafe RTH.

I have lost connection before even when the drone was in line of sight (in an area with heavy interference), so even that's not a safe solution to a problem that DJI created. The fact remains that they created a safeguard (failsafe RTH) that automatically takes and flies somewhere it shouldn't (and somewhere the pilot does not reasonably expect it should land). So yeah, if you still have a connection, it is possible to cancel it and safely fly to the actual correct home location. But there are things out of the pilot's control that can happen even to the best pilots, and this bug is DJI's responsibility. I would hate to see what happens if the Phantom went to the incorrect home location and actually caused injury or damage other than the drone itself. The owner would be in for a very serious court case, and DJI would likely be dragged into it and perhaps held accountable as well. The key here is that the pilot has NO ability to stop a wildly off course flyaway if it performs a failsafe RTH.

Oh no definitely wasn't using the fact we should always keep line of sight as an excuse, it's disgusting that DJI took so long to sort the problem. I was totally lucky that I didn't lose my drone, however in my comment I wasn't blaming pilots just so it's clear I was just stating that it can help if we are visually aware etc

About 1 hour ago I had the same problem:
Take-off -> I lifted it at about 20 meters -> Fly away until it has set the RTH point.
pBfIeY5.jpg

I'm disappointed about that and about how DJI manages the situation.

About 1 hour ago I had the same problem:
Take-off -> I lifted it at about 20 meters -> Fly away until it has set the RTH point.
pBfIeY5.jpg

I'm disappointed about that and about how DJI manages the situation.
Out of curiosity, did you update your Go app? Apparently DJI have updated the app so it shouldn't be doing this, wonder if they have put it out again and not fully fixed it

Out of curiosity, did you update your Go app? Apparently DJI have updated the app so it shouldn't be doing this, wonder if they have put it out again and not fully fixed it
That being said I would honestly just find the 3.0.1 apk download and just stick with that.

I really can't see why people are still chancing it with the latest app. Just roll back to an earlier version as it's much safer

Neon Euc

Reactions: Simzy666
I haven't chanced it even with the new app tha claims to have fixed it, for now its best to just stay on earlier versions. That being said we cant keep things older, missing out on new features that iOs users will be getting down the line

That's like going back to your cheating spouse, you'd be surprised of a reoccurrence?

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Sorry, dude, but programming it's based on math, which is an exact science (trust me, I'm a programmer, haha).
DJI omit essential steps before launching their app versions in production: a better software testing.

I have downgraded to 3.0.1 and seems to be ok for now.
Good luck!

L.E: 3.1.3 has been released in Google Play

Last edited:
UPDATE: We are being forced to update the Go app now. Older versions will not load as of this morning. I have auto update turned off and it's still forcing an update. I even tried turning off the device's wifi, didn't work.

UPDATE: We are being forced to update the Go app now. Older versions will not load as of this morning. I have auto update turned off and it's still forcing an update. I even tried turning off the device's wifi, didn't work.
Same at me. The guys changed the strategy. Hope that will force them to keep the things without bugs.

Sent from my SM-G928F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well this is a joke!! I've seen a pilot recently claim the new updated app still has problems! Going out tomorrow with mine so will report back, obv wont ave a choice just will have to update and see how it goes

What about if we just stick to litchi. Will it then stop telling us to update. Can't check as it's kinda light snow where I am

Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik