Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I purchased a phantom 3 4K that was basically in new condition, I owned it for 72 hours and had a horric crash shattered the gimbal. I picked all my pieces and did the walk of shame.
on a positive the drone flies just fine without the gimbal, so that’s one positive.. I purchased a broken gimbal for parts and rebuilt mine installed a brand new DJI ribon cable booted it up and I have a no video feed issue the camera also does it little flip and then goes limb and will not respond to the RC. Upon further inspection I found that the gray flat 6 wire one of them has a slash in it. I have looked everywhere for a replacement and i finally think I found one on eBay with hopes that it is the correct one.
of course it’s a few weeks out but I’m trying to figure out if there are any other thoughts or ideas in diagnosis. i Can upload videos and photos to assist diagnoses .

Any help would be great!!!

Reactions: tunadoctor

gfields

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Repairs can be tricky, costly, and time-consuming. If there's a reputable repair place near you, I'd let them tackle the job. Keep in mind though there comes a time when one puts too much money into what would become an expensive piece of junk.

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I purchased a phantom 3 4K that was basically in new condition, I owned it for 72 hours and had a horric crash shattered the gimbal. I picked all my pieces and did the walk of shame.
on a positive the drone flies just fine without the gimbal, so that’s one positive.. I purchased a broken gimbal for parts and rebuilt mine installed a brand new DJI ribon cable booted it up and I have a no video feed issue the camera also does it little flip and then goes limb and will not respond to the RC. Upon further inspection I found that the gray flat 6 wire one of them has a slash in it. I have looked everywhere for a replacement and i finally think I found one on eBay with hopes that it is the correct one.
of course it’s a few weeks out but I’m trying to figure out if there are any other thoughts or ideas in diagnosis. i Can upload videos and photos to assist diagnoses .

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I had pretty much the same problem with my Mavic Pro after crashing into a tree while flying backwards . After a few shots at
fixing it myself I boxed it up and sent it to Ryan McCarty and it has worked perfect ever since . I have referred many drone owners to him and none have ever had anything but good reports from his work , and prices .

Attachments

• DJI Drone Repair.jpg
    DJI Drone Repair.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 37

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECNOPADO