Reasoning for 4K P3P

Reaction score
I've just convinced myself that the ability to capture 8.2-8.8 megapixel stills from the video footage is worth the bump in price for me.

Can you talk about this some more? Would extracting photos from video yield much better results than taking actual photos?

Would extracting photos from video yield much better results than taking actual photos?
4K video would allow much better quality frame grabs than the P2V+ could manage.
But video stills will still be smaller than regular stills - similar horizontal dimension but only 72% vertically.
The largest frame sizes for the pro are:
Stills = 4000 x 3000
Video = 4096x2160

Reactions: gfredrone
Come on guys quit trying to justify it, I got it because of the gold stickers. I'd have paid $500 more for them.

Reactions: snowghost
It's my understanding that both the P3A & P3P will shoot RAW stills at 4000 x 3000. If you are wanting a high quality still image this will be the way to go.

Come on guys quit trying to justify it, I got it because of the gold stickers. I'd have paid $500 more for them.

I finally admit, I did it also for that nice shiny golden stickers. It was worth the price!
But on a nice second place came the possibility to extract the 4k single frames for use as pictures.
I'm a photographer and not a videographer and off course the raw stills are the most important, but having that extra possibility...

Ton

Will it be possible to snap high quality still images while also recording video? Some of my video cameras have this capability. It offers the best of both worlds.

Apparition, Sir, I could have sold you some gold stickers and saved you a bunch of money!

I finally admit, I did it also for that nice shiny golden stickers. It was worth the price!
But on a nice second place came the possibility to extract the 4k single frames for use as pictures.
I'm a photographer and not a videographer and off course the raw stills are the most important, but having that extra possibility...

TonG, like you I am a photographer but I have absolutely no videographer experience, but it's still an advantage understanding light, exposures, and composition. After watching the DJI presentation and listening to the lady who spoke, I realized what the real value is - the ability to take stills from an otherwise unavailable perspective! I've been working on my video skills, though...

Will it be possible to snap high quality still images while also recording video? Some of my video cameras have this capability. It offers the best of both worlds.

As far as I know this is not possible.
You can change while flying from video to stills and back again.

Ton

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues