Reading the Flight Data Recorder .DAT files

Reaction score
So I just downloaded the files and was wondering if anyone has a particular way to read the data? Just finished downloading the couple gigabytes of data files but haven't seen what it looks like yet.

Last edited:
Any updates on this topic? I can't get the DJI Log Converter to properly convert the DAT files for me.

So I just downloaded the files and was wondering if anyone has a particular way to read the data? Just finished downloading the couple gigabytes of data files but haven't seen what it looks like yet.
Yes, I've managed to reverse engineer the FLYXXX.DAT file. I'm in the process of putting together a website that will provide this capability. I intend to make public the details of the file format. Although it's not quite ready for a beta test I'd like to try it on some of your FLYXXX.DAT files. To date it's only been tested on my files. Can you post a couple of your files and I'll have a go at them?

@BudWalker, please start a thread here about reverse engineering the DAT file. You'll get some help from the rest of us and it would be good to get the information out in the open and in one place. We can always make sure you and your site is credited and linked to, etc.

Reactions: dirkclod
@BudWalker, please start a thread here about reverse engineering the DAT file. You'll get some help from the rest of us and it would be good to get the information out in the open and in one place. We can always make sure you and your site is credited and linked to, etc.
Dude,
You are seriously hampering my ability to have fun with this project.

I know you are antsy to have this information posted but it is not appropriate for you, as a moderator, to tell me how to post to the forum or run my project. I ignored you the first time. That didn't work so now I'm asking you please no more posts.

Thank you.

Reactions: Chris P Duck
Dude. It was a suggestion. We get a bunch of posts from people who say they are working on the decode and then never share it. So I am gonna keep suggesting it until someone does it so everyone can benefit.

I am sure you've got way more skill at doing it than I can. It would take me more time than I have.

Reactions: dirkclod
:):)
ian approves.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic