Reading all of the upgrade failures and the likes.

Reaction score
After reading everything on these drones and now reading posts. It appears that after upgrades, folks seem to have difficulties with various components of their drone. I'm just hoping it isn't the norm and just a few circumstances...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Chief is correct, as I can vouch for. I updated my 3A in March to 1.9.60 for the aircraft, 1.6.0 for the controller right after I bought it with no problems. Have not touched it except to fly since, with zero problems. If it aint broke I don't fix it.

Reactions: cabokalz
A month or so back, I started up my DJI GO app, after months of inactivity. It updated it's own firmware and version, then it would loose sync with the drone. I didn't care at the time, and left it. Tried again last week, and found the same issue, DJI indicated that the app automatically updates the drones firmware now?? Guess not, had to use the SD card and then I regained connectivity.

I never lost visual feed, just controls. But that's the only issue I've ever had with firmware upgrades.

A month or so back, I started up my DJI GO app, after months of inactivity. It updated it's own firmware and version, then it would loose sync with the drone. I didn't care at the time, and left it. Tried again last week, and found the same issue, DJI indicated that the app automatically updates the drones firmware now?? Guess not, had to use the SD card and then I regained connectivity.

I never lost visual feed, just controls. But that's the only issue I've ever had with firmware upgrades.

It appears after reading several posts, that sometimes formatting the memory card is all it takes for some issues. A simple fix is good...

We only hear from those few that have issues, that find this forum, and choose to share. We don't hear from those who are working OK.

I'm understanding now and really am grateful to have this information available. Thanks for the reply.

AND:
I was wondering if any pilots would share with me their pre flight checks and or rituals that I must or should do to keep myself and new Phantom 3s safe and mostly crash free! LOL... Not cause it's funny, but a bit nervous with losing my new $500+ toy... or recommended practice procedures, sites, simulators or reading/research on the subject of not wrecking my investment.

Latest FW and all works just fine - no issues -

You have the 3S, this is the advanced section so most didn't have the issues that some of the 3S owners had. I've met a chap today who updated his to the latest version and kept getting a strong interference error, it's back with DJI repair centre, funny enough he had no issues until the upgrade .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You have the 3S, this is the advanced section so most didn't have the issues that some of the 3S owners had. I've met a chap today who updated his to the latest version and kept getting a strong interference error, it's back with DJI repair centre, funny enough he had no issues until the upgrade .

Is there a 3s section that I'm missing? LOL I kind of need direction sometimes...

Is there a 3s section that I'm missing? LOL I kind of need direction sometimes...

MODS...
Seems, like a number of others who've been blamed for "posting in the incorrect forum" the OP has arrived here via the APP, which doesn't give the option to reach the P3 sub forums. Can this be fixed?

I am using all the latest versions of firmware myself . All I have noticed is that on my first flight of the day I lose GPS during the flight and it tells me atti mode . Happens for maybe 1 minute then it's fine for the rest of my flights . Not too big of deal as I fly in atti mode all the time . The first time it happen I kinda freaked out as it was a few hundred feet from me . But I just checked my orientation of the bird in maps and slowly brought it back to me .

But other then that all has been well .

MODS...
Seems, like a number of others who've been blamed for "posting in the incorrect forum" the OP has arrived here via the APP, which doesn't give the option to reach the P3 sub forums. Can this be fixed?

Wasn't blaming him mate, just pointing out that he would get better help in the right section

Which App is causing the issue ?

I'm understanding now and really am grateful to have this information available. Thanks for the reply.

AND:
I was wondering if any pilots would share with me their pre flight checks and or rituals that I must or should do to keep myself and new Phantom 3s safe and mostly crash free! LOL... Not cause it's funny, but a bit nervous with losing my new $500+ toy... or recommended practice procedures, sites, simulators or reading/research on the subject of not wrecking my investment.

First, and foremost, check that the props are properly connected and tightened per the manual. Battery fully charged and properly seated in the bird. Confirm that any settings such as RTH action and height are set the way you want them (which includes checking the heights of any potential obstacles in and around your flying area, you want RTH to be well above them).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1