re500 / re700 wifi range extender help

Reaction score
will the re500 or re700 wifi range extender be useful with a gopro hero 4 which im using in my gimbal on a phantom 2 standard

NB: i want to get a wifi range extender for my phantom 2 standard, i have a gopro hero 4 camera on my gimbal
and i want to know if getting a re500 or re700 range extender will work with my gopro hero 4 can anyone help me please!!

I want to use the dji vision app so i can see my battery level and the altitude of my phantom 2 as at the moment I'm currently using the gopro app to view live from my drone

Last edited:
I'm not a straight P2 guy, but my weak understanding is that the Phantom 2 doesn't have a transmitter aboard. So without a transmitter, how can it send you any info?

The other problem is, your control is 2.4 Ghz, and since the Vision range extender are also 2.4 ghz, you may have a conflict there.

I would think so.

Like I said, I'm not a P2 guy, so I don't know much about them. All I know is the control is 2.4 ghz whereas the Vision control is 5.8 ghz. I thought you guys with the straight P2s used 5.8 ghz for FPV?

Bottom line is, how can you get any info from the AC if it doesn't have a transmitter? Where is the 2.4 ghz signal which contains the battery and altitude info coming from?

You're at a disadvantage because there are not a lot of straight P2 guys around these days to help you...

BTW, welcome to the site!

will the re500 or re700 wifi range extender be useful with a gopro hero 4 which im using in my gimbal on a phantom 2 standard

NB: i want to get a wifi range extender for my phantom 2 standard, i have a gopro hero 4 camera on my gimbal
and i want to know if getting a re500 or re700 range extender will work with my gopro hero 4 can anyone help me please!!

I want to use the dji vision app so i can see my battery level and the altitude of my phantom 2 as at the moment I'm currently using the gopro app to view live from my drone

The P2 non-vision uses a frequency of 2.4GHz and the FPV system uses 5.8GHZ. You cannot use wifi with a P2 NV as the wifi signal will interfere with the P2's controller both use the same frequency. So if you want to use wifi then you need a P2 vision+ 5.8GHz, wifi extender, app and either a cell phone or tablet to view what the camera sees.

Hi mark tnx for the welcome to the site,, how about just using a wifi range extender to boost the connection from my iphone whice is on my clip mount on my controller to my gopro so I don't lose wifi connection so i can get more hight and more to view n record
Using the gopro app

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If you're FPV is 5.8 ghz, then the vision range extender is not going to do a thing for your FPV. See my first post.

See my fpv is currently from my gopro cam n gopro app I don't have a transmitter under my p2 its just the H3 3D gimbal with a gopro hero4 so i was hoping if i got a re500 or re700 it would help with getting more wifi range from my iphone n my gopro so i can go higher and not get you have lost wifi connection to gopro message from the gopro app

See my fpv is currently from my gopro cam n gopro app I don't have a transmitter under my p2 its just the H3 3D gimbal with a gopro hero4 so i was hoping if i got a re500 or re700 it would help with getting more wifi range from my iphone n my gopro so i can go higher and not get you have lost wifi connection to gopro message from the gopro app

Risky business use the the GoPro's wifi which is the same frequency of 2.4GHz as your P2 controller and receiver. So if you do not want to lose or crash your P2 best to shut off the wifi.

So unless i get an actual fpv kit ie: transmitter etc,, I shouldn't get a wifi extender just for the gopro,,

You shouldn't be using the wifi period with a P2 non-vision.

Reactions: Mako79
So unless i get an actual fpv kit ie: transmitter etc,, I shouldn't get a wifi extender just for the gopro,,

Correct.
You need to go down the 5.8ghz Analogue FPV path.
AVL58 transmitter
Mini IOSD for telemetry
Black Pearl diversity display with receiver.
DJI plug and play board or some soldering skills.

You'll get a 1K analogue range

Its not cheap, so research for other alternatives.

AND NEVER activate the gopro WIFI as it may cause flyaways.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers