RC Signal loss

Reaction score
Quick question - Is this correct-if I set rc signal loss to landing instead of return to home, the craft will land straight down upon loss of rc signal, even if there is absolutely no GPS signal of any kind?

Reactions: Julius717
Correct. It will not return to home it will land where it is.

This is loss of control signal not gps signal and not a good idea especialy if you fly over water
if no gps signal then it cant find a way home as it has no bread crumbs:(
so it will just land but will drift as it lands

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand the question. If you have the bird programmed to land upon signal loss, yes it will land where it lost control signal. Personally, I have mine set to return to home point.

The second part of the question is what if the bird lost GPS lock? Well, in that case, the bird will drift away in the wind.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Fplvert- if your controlling P3 with zero GPS signal (blocked) and all of a sudden RC signal is lost will craft just go down and land or take a flight to god knows where.

Fplvert- if your controlling P3 with zero GPS signal (blocked) and all of a sudden RC signal is lost will craft just go down and land or take a flight to god knows where.
drift with the wind baby as it comes down
Control lost and gps lost at same time brings the bird down were it is but drifting with wind as it does

Last edited:
Correct. It will not return to home it will land where it is.
I would love to know why they have this feature why would anyone want it to land when it looses signal that means it's so far out of range that it's just gna land resulting in a possible total loss.. And for someone that dosnt know this and has it set tot that feature they will risk there Drone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic