RC issue after firmware update??

Made a few flights over the last two days. iOS works flawlessly, attempting to use my Android, not so much. I cannot get the droid to connect consistently. Looks like it's the iPad until the next update.....

Reactions: Numone and Oso
Made a few flights over the last two days. iOS works flawlessly, attempting to use my Android, not so much. I cannot get the droid to connect consistently. Looks like it's the iPad until the next update.....

Hmmm, too bad. I personally like IOS, but for many people, it is SO expensive in comparison.

Hi all! New to posting in forum after some time of lurking around and gleaning info from everyone...but I now have an issue that I can't find an answer for.

I'm flying a P3P, have had it about 15 months with few issues. I've updated it regularly and now have run into an issue. After not flying it for a short time, I recently got a message via DJIgo app that firmware must be updated, which I did via the app connected to the RC. After the update, my RC doesn't seem to work. The leftmost LED is now solid red and won't change. It also appears to have comm link to the aircraft, but no data transfer (no camera to app, no battery data, etc)

I've attempted to re-install firmware via the app, but the app says the latest firmware was installed (P3P_FW_V01.11.0020.bin) and won't do anything. I've also tried to delete the file, download again, format card and extract again into the root directory.... I'm running out of ideas.

Help? How do I fix what appears to be a corrupt update to the RC firmware??

Thanks in advance
I refuse to perform the latest firmware upgrade. This happened to my flying buddy, he's go a P3P and an Inspire, he did the upgrade and lost the connection between his RC and the camera. He sent it in for repair and DJI blamed him, it cost him 200 dollars to get it back. Just want to mention, I have a P3P and a P2Plus, last year this happened to my P2Vision after a firmware upgrade, I sent it back, DJI did not charge me and sent back a P2Plus saying there are no replacement parts for a P2. Good luck with your repair, but is seems the DJI tech you talk with determines your fate!!

Reactions: paulphantom
Went through a lot of pain when updating firmware on my new P3a last month.... don't want to do it again. When app says "update required" can i ignore it? Do i want to update it anyway?

Last edited:
Went through a lot of pain when updating firmware on my new P3a last month.... don't want to do it again. When app says "update required" can i ignore it? Do i want to update it anyway?
If the bird works as it is now and a newer firmware doesn't add anything that you 'must have', leave it alone.

I'm running 1.7.6 with app 2.4.2. It always says that I 'have to update', but it doesn't force me and I have no intention of ever doing it. Ignore it.

Reactions: paulphantom
Thanks Oso,
I'm a newbie occasional flier. Is there any advantage to fighting with the new firmware?

Happened to me too, all you have to do is link the remote to the drone. As stupid as it sounds, that's the issue

Hi all! New to posting in forum after some time of lurking around and gleaning info from everyone...but I now have an issue that I can't find an answer for.

I'm flying a P3P, have had it about 15 months with few issues. I've updated it regularly and now have run into an issue. After not flying it for a short time, I recently got a message via DJIgo app that firmware must be updated, which I did via the app connected to the RC. After the update, my RC doesn't seem to work. The leftmost LED is now solid red and won't change. It also appears to have comm link to the aircraft, but no data transfer (no camera to app, no battery data, etc)

I've attempted to re-install firmware via the app, but the app says the latest firmware was installed (P3P_FW_V01.11.0020.bin) and won't do anything. I've also tried to delete the file, download again, format card and extract again into the root directory.... I'm running out of ideas.

Help? How do I fix what appears to be a corrupt update to the RC firmware??

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Finn Virkman
P3P needs both the Flight Controller and the Aircraft and all your Battery's firmware upgraded. After you do the DJIGo update on your device, plug it into your controller and let the device update your controller. After that is done, go to the Official DJI site and download the latest software for your Aircraft. Also, download the PDF that explains the installation process for installing the software on you Aircraft. Update, following the instructions, both the Aircraft and all of your batteries.

If you read the update instructions and the latest manual for the P3P you will be told how to re-link your aircraft to your controller. You must re-link the aircraft and the controller post software updating.

Fly safe and responsibly.

To eliminate frustration with DJI do a little research prior to update. This forum is a great place for information.

You are certainly right...but 'right-ish.'

I have faithfully upgraded everything on my mavic and phantom, whenever asked.

And yes...reading the instructions is the right thing to do.

But the upgrades have become rather commonplace. Like upgrading apps on your phone/tablet. 99% are for 'bug fixes and stability improvement.' Even when major, little is required.

In my case, I had been lulled into that sense of security...upgrade and look at changes later.

So yes...read instructions...but maybe even a. Screen pop up prior...like, 'hey, this **** is serious.'

Not sure if this is related to the O.P.'s original question but my job which is a TV station sent out an email to all of us pilots today stating for us not to update the firmware or the Go App because there is a bug in the firmware that is saying CPU overload when we use our iPad Mini 2. They claim DJI knows about the issue that never existed prior to us updating the FW. Now on my personal P3P, I put the very latest FW and updated the Go App to the latest version and I haven't seen any issues. I did have to relink the P3P to the RC controller though.

Today I updated my P3A to P3P_FW_V01.11.0020.bin. Upgrade status was successful. Since this update the RC is not able connect to bird. RC is now flashing very fast red/green alternately.
I tried several times the above described manual relink process, reinstalled DJI Go App and signed in, but it didn't help. I also tried upgrade RC firmware through USB connection between RC - bird or RC - SD card. No success, the upgrade won't start. Does anybody have the same issue or idea how to fix it?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT