RC FW Version?

Reaction score
Yesterday I bought a used but working P3S remote controller at a yard sale. The aircraft it belonged to was lost some time ago. Included was the original retail box for the aircraft along with the black prop sock and battery charger. At 5 bucks, it was a a very good deal that I could not pass on. My current P3S remote is heavily modified and having a stock spare RC will be nice. Linked the used RC to my P3S using the S2 + gimbal dial /link button method and it flew my aircraft nicely and there's no prompt given by the GO app suggesting a firmware upgrade needed but I want to be sure about this remote's firmware version. How do I find what FW version is currently installed on the yard sale remote controller?

Yesterday I bought a used but working P3S remote controller at a yard sale. The aircraft it belonged to was lost some time ago. Included was the original retail box for the aircraft along with the black prop sock and battery charger. At 5 bucks, it was a a very good deal that I could not pass on. My current P3S remote is heavily modified and having a stock spare RC will be nice. Linked the used RC to my P3S using the S2 + gimbal dial /link button method and it flew my aircraft nicely and there's no prompt given by the GO app suggesting a firmware upgrade needed but I want to be sure about this remote's firmware version. How do I find what FW version is currently installed on the yard sale remote controller?
See if it under settings ABOUT down bottom or press and hold 3 black lines top right of home screen and should show there aswell
Screenshot_20181007-090415.jpg
,,,,,great bargin

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Congrats on a great find! I also own a P3S with a spare controller equipped with a flat panel antenna. I keep the factory version the way it arrived.

What I understand is the P3S is an "all-in-one" package when it comes to firmware. The controller updates along with the AC. You can't update just the controller, but I think if it needs it, it will update if needed based on what's running on the AC.

So long as it's running with your AC, you should be OK!

Congrats on a great find! I also own a P3S with a spare controller equipped with a flat panel antenna. I keep the factory version the way it arrived.

What I understand is the P3S is an "all-in-one" package when it comes to firmware. The controller updates along with the AC. You can't update just the controller, but I think if it needs it, it will update if needed based on what's running on the AC.

So long as it's running with your AC, you should be OK!

Thanks. I was aware of the AIO nature of the firmware yet was unsure if that was only implemented during the OTA updating process through the GO app or also when sideloading the corresponding update.bin file on the SD card. The 1st time I fired up the controller, I did not notice any update notification in the hardware status page. Frankly, I haven't kept a firmware.bin saved on any of my three SD cards for ages. Once the app stopped advising of available updates, I would then completely wipe the SD card to maximize video storage space.

I'm not a fan of GO app updates but I do let my iOS device update since these memory hogging updates don't seem to faze my iPhone. For Android, I stay on GO app 3.1.11 on a rooted Nexus7 and yes, it's great to still have Google Maps. I do have Litchi on my Nexus7 but still prefer the GO app.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj