RC Firmware 1.4.0.1?

I haven't had the chance yet...but I WILL check shortly...to see if there's an iOS update, or if the new firmware is available to download from DJI's website. However, I do see that the updated Android app, now version 2.1.0, is available. If the "what's included" section, it fits clearly states that Follow-Me, Waypoints, & Point of Interest are included.

To all P3P and P3A pilots, WELCOME TO A NEW WORLD.

Attachments

• 1441639056264.jpg
    1441639056264.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 343
Has anyone else out there received an "install update" notification to install FW v1.4.0.1 (or anything after 1.3.2)? If so, can you please confirm whether, or not, it is a transmitter-only firmware release? I, as with a lot of other people reading this thread, am somewhat confused. Any/All help is appreciated.

Received an update notice, did the update and now have the new Intell. Flight updates, Waypoints, Follow me, Etc. but don't know how to use them,,,,,anyone know where to get tutorial or manual?

Received an update notice, did the update and now have the new Intell. Flight updates, Waypoints, Follow me, Etc. but don't know how to use them,,,,,anyone know where to get tutorial or manual?
Panther posted a video link two posts up. Not great but worth checking out.

As I've discovered, with DJI's app, it's the old "learn mostly by trial & error" method. With the original 'course lock' POI function, it was quite simple to figure out. While I haven't played around with the new functions, yet (I've been extremely busy this week), I plan to either today, or tomorrow.

These flights will also be my first with my new Verizon-connected iPad Mini 2, having switched from Android tablets (but ONLY for P3P use, as all other needs/uses WILL remain Android), which I'm looking forward to, thanks to all the other iPad users who've all reported(virtually) no video lag.

My update was just the bird, the camera and the app. I did not see any transmitter update. Is that correct?

My update was just the bird, the camera and the app. I did not see any transmitter update. Is that correct?

The answer is both "yes", and "no", and this was brought up a couple weeks ago in this forum (I don't freshener if it was this, or another, thread). I know this might sound strange, as several of us in here already think it is - if you're using an iOS device, then v1.3.2 (if I remember correctly) is the most recent firmware...but, if you're using an Android tablet, several of us (myself included) received notices approximately 1-2 weeks ago that a transmitter-only firmware v1.4.xx (I no longer remember the exact version number) was available to download/install, directly through the DJI Go app. The strangest party of this was that, while it stated "v1.4.xx" before installing/downloading, after the download/install was complete, the transmitter showed this as the current firmware version number:
1.3.2+

The question most of us were asking was, "What's the + stand for?" Of course, we never got an answer. But, as you can see, if you're using an Android tablet, then, technically-speaking, yes, there is sorta-kinda a firmware v1.4.xx...sorta-kinda.

The answer is both "yes", and "no", and this was brought up a couple weeks ago in this forum (I don't freshener if it was this, or another, thread). I know this might sound strange, as several of us in here already think it is - if you're using an iOS device, then v1.3.2 (if I remember correctly) is the most recent firmware...but, if you're using an Android tablet, several of us (myself included) received notices approximately 1-2 weeks ago that a transmitter-only firmware v1.4.xx (I no longer remember the exact version number) was available to download/install, directly through the DJI Go app. The strangest party of this was that, while it stated "v1.4.xx" before installing/downloading, after the download/install was complete, the transmitter showed this as the current firmware version number:
1.3.2+

The question most of us were asking was, "What's the + stand for?" Of course, we never got an answer. But, as you can see, if you're using an Android tablet, then, technically-speaking, yes, there is sorta-kinda a firmware v1.4.xx...sorta-kinda.
and where is this + software located.....DJI's site has no mention of it

and where is this + software located.....DJI's site has no mention of it

That, too, was one of the questions people were asking. We noticed that the website (at that point) didn't list, or mention, any update, yet those of us who had Android tablets, with DJI Go installed, received notices (from within the app, while connected to the transmitter) that a firmware update was available, and that it was (supposedly) v1.4.0002 (or a version number similar to that)...but, again, after installing the update, the app reported that the transmitter firmware version was "1.3.2+", this the question arose as to what the "plus" was.

Obviously, and officially, it wasn't the true v1.4.x firmware...but maybe, just maybe, it was enabling the transmitter, when connected to Android tablets, to be able to be running firmware that's different than the firmware installed I the P3. I admit that this is just a theory, but I'm running with it, anyway. With firmware prior to v1.3.2, the Phantom 3, battery, & transmitter all had to be running the exact same firmware version, but (again, just maybe) the v1.3.2 firmware choices then the ability to operate while running under different firmware versions. Unfortunately (again, just part of this theory), maybe there's some sort of "anomaly" within Android that, when the transmitter is connected to an Android tablet, there was a "conflict", thus DJI would have released a firmware update for only the transmitter (and, as I now recall, only the transmitters ending with an "A" designation) that "fixed" this problem when connected to an Android tablet.

As I just mentioned, this updates ONLY applied to people owning an "A" transmitter AND using Android devices. Maybe that will help you find it, if you're searching the various threads within PhantomPilots.

Reactions: louforgiveno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers