RC Firmware 1.4.0.1?

Reaction score
So I just got P3A yesterday. Spent last night updated and calibrated everything with firmware 1.3.2 and DJI Go. This morning go I to do a check before flying and get the "firmware update required warning." Clicking on it through the app I get taken to this update page....where it says firmware 1.4.0.1 available and prompts me to download through the up. I don't see that firmware listed on DJI site anywhere, and my phantom itself is still on 1.3.2. Anyone know what's up with that?

Attachments

• 11888109_10204711015795163_560422629215378611_n.jpg
    11888109_10204711015795163_560422629215378611_n.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,263
Reactions: Brian089
Remote controller updates can only be installed via the DJI GO app. That's why they are not listed on DJI's download page.

I have ask from DJI live chat about this update (red text is DJI reply...)

That's interesting

I am not aware of a firmware version 1.4.0.1

18:25:42
If you like I can take this up with our headquarters

18:26:50
why the app want me to upgrade the RC??

now I have the 1.4.0.1 version on my RC

18:28:39
So you (DJI) do not know what is this update???

I myself am not aware of version 1.4.0.1 for the Phantom 3

Since the latest version publicly available is indeed 1.3.20 like you mention

....That IS interesting!

18:31:32
We are checking your inquiry, one moment please.

Again, You (DJI) have release the update (1.4.0.1). I think nobody else can not release these updates, am I right?

That's interesting

....That IS interesting!

Again, You (DJI) have release the update (1.4.0.1). I think nobody else can not release these updates, am I right?

I think PhantomHelp answered the question if you look at the PDF he linked to. Was JW if anyone else got this update as well. I flew with it this morning and everything went great. Didn't notice anything new from when I updated to 1.3.2 last night. But I probably wouldn't notice even if their was seeing as it was my first flight with a phantom, lol.

I did the 1.3.2 update on P3A yesterday but RC didn't require it. I flew, everything was fine. I turn on RC this morning and DJI GO app has no video/no connection. I finally get to see what an RC update looks like thru GO app! Now my firmware says 1.3.20+ oooh plus!! lol jk. Anyway. I still had no video until I unplugged the USB cable from tablet and plugged back in. Looks good so far. Haven't flown yet.

That's interesting

....That IS interesting!

Once again, it looks like DJi's right hand doesn't know what its left hand is doing.

I would bet that a DJi assembler/tech inserted an SD card, into your bird on the assembly/test line, containing the developers FW P3S_FW_V01.04.0001.bin.
It just too coincidental.

Once again, it looks like DJi's right hand doesn't know what its left hand is doing.

I would bet that a DJi assembler/tech inserted an SD card, into your bird on the assembly/test line, containing the developers FW P3S_FW_V01.04.0001.bin.
It just too coincidental.

No couldn't have been, the micro SD was a brand new 64gb I had just picked up to use with the P3A. I took the 16gb it came with out right away and set aside. Everything updated to 1.3.2 just find, just when I went to fly this morning the DJI Go app prompted me in the status bar to upgrade firmware like you see in the photo I attached. My tablet had wifi connectivity at the time.

I just turned on my P3P and controller with DJI Go app for Android and got alert to update to 1.4.0.1. I had 1.32 on there previously

I just turned on my P3P and controller with DJI Go app for Android and got alert to update to 1.4.0.1. I had 1.32 on there previously
Ok cool, so they must be pushing it out to everyone through the app now. Thanks for confirming.

No couldn't have been, the micro SD was a brand new 64gb I had just picked up to use with the P3A. I took the 16gb it came with out right away and set aside. Everything updated to 1.3.2 just find, just when I went to fly this morning the DJI Go app prompted me in the status bar to upgrade firmware like you see in the photo I attached. My tablet had wifi connectivity at the time.

Help me understand, you got your P3 and immediately upgraded to 1.3.2 upon arrival?

Help me understand, you got your P3 and immediately upgraded to 1.3.2 upon arrival?
Yes, before flying at all I updated it and RC to most recent firmware (1.3.2), did all calibrations, and then spent evening familiarizing with DJI Go app on android. This morning when I powered up everything was prompted to update RC to 1.4 through the app.

*I did not use stock micro sd card, replaced with my own 64 gb.

Yes, before flying at all I updated it and RC to most recent firmware (1.3.2), did all calibrations, and then spent evening familiarizing with DJI Go app on android. This morning when I powered up everything was prompted to update RC to 1.4 through the app.

*I did not use stock micro sd card, replaced with my own 64 gb.

OK, I thought it arrived with 1.4.0.1.

OK, wait...if they're pushing 1.4.0.1 for the RC, it will be a mismatch with the aircraft, right? Isn't it traditional to update the RC, aircraft and batteries all with the same firmware version????? The DJI website is still showing 1.3.20.

Has anyone else out there received an "install update" notification to install FW v1.4.0.1 (or anything after 1.3.2)? If so, can you please confirm whether, or not, it is a transmitter-only firmware release? I, as with a lot of other people reading this thread, am somewhat confused. Any/All help is appreciated.

Image my confusion, being right before I take my first flight...lol. I was concerned about the FW not matching what was on the aircraft as well. However, I can confirm everything seemed to work just fine, had a perfect first flight. Granted I took it slow and shut it down at 45% battery life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers