RC Firmware 1.4.0.1?

That's just it, my app doesn't give me any option to activate the HDMI setting. From what I understand, once you install the board, the software should detect it and give you the option to activate HDMI or dual output. My software doesn't give me this option, so I can only assume my board is bad. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it twice, checking all cables and everything but it simply doesn't give me any HDMI options and doesn't work. Bummer

First off, I think you need to reinstall the HDMI board. The option appearing has absolutely nothing to do with the board...the option is part of the 1.3.20 firmware update. Since I had performed the firmware update AND installed the board, but had NOT updated the app to v2.0, that's how I come to this conclusion. Either you haven't updated the firmware in the controller, or (if you have updated FW to v1.3.20) you haven't looked in the right place within the app.

I don't have access to my P3P right now (won't be back till Monday), so I can't get you step-by-step directions, but to anyone else, can you please give Poundsofnuts step-by-step directions on updating firmware, as well as activating the HDMI output?

First off, I think you need to reinstall the HDMI board. The option appearing has absolutely nothing to do with the board...the option is part of the 1.3.20 firmware update. Since I had performed the firmware update AND installed the board, but had NOT updated the app to v2.0, that's how I come to this conclusion. Either you haven't updated the firmware in the controller, or (if you have updated FW to v1.3.20) you haven't looked in the right place within the app.

I don't have access to my P3P right now (won't be back till Monday), so I can't get you step-by-step directions, but to anyone else, can you please give Poundsofnuts step-by-step directions on updating firmware, as well as activating the HDMI output?
Being a former hardware tech as well as a software engineer, I can tell you from my expertise and testing that I have a bad board. I just wanted some input from others to see if there was some setting in the software that I missed. I don't think the option was added in the latest update, because others had the board working before the update.

Technical support have told me the 1.4.0.1 update is only for Remote Controllers with 'A' in the part number.

Just for info I have all RC type A and iOS DJI go 2.1.0. I've NOT an 1.4.0.1 update request for RC, until now. Still on 1.3.20 fw.

This sounds like the SDK developers version of FW P3S_FW_V01.04.0001.bin

I believe it is the same as 1.3.2, but I am still learning about SDK releated issues. I just updated my FW on everything, P3A, RC and batteries to P3S_FW_V01.04.0001.bin so I can run the Litchi app.

This is pretty close from what I know. 1.4.0001 is the firmware the is current for developers. You are also correct that 1.3.2 is very similar to 1.4.0001. If you check the text file after updating you'll see that most of the files already exist and aren't updated.

I'm also flying Litchi app now as an alpha tester (that's how I wound up with the dev firmware). Tried Litchi because GO totally doesn't work on my Nexus 7 II.

Just for info I have all RC type A and iOS DJI go 2.1.0. I've NOT an 1.4.0.1 update request for RC, until now. Still on 1.3.20 fw.
Some posts said that the 1.4.0.1 was just for Androids with Type A RCs on the somewhat sneaky GO app 2.0.1 that is still not listed on DJI's website, but appeared in the Google Play Store. It's also possible it was withdrawn the next day. I did get it a couple of days ago and flew OK this morning. DJI seems to be tinkering with new things. So, if yours is flying OK with current versions, you're probably fine!

Some posts said that the 1.4.0.1 was just for Androids with Type A RCs on the somewhat sneaky GO app 2.0.1 that is still not listed on DJI's website, but appeared in the Google Play Store. It's also possible it was withdrawn the next day. I did get it a couple of days ago and flew OK this morning. DJI seems to be tinkering with new things. So, if yours is flying OK with current versions, you're probably fine!

Oh yes, all my p3 fly well and fine, so I'm not worried about this update. But DJI is really making a lot of confusion!!!

Reactions: SouthernPhantom
Oh yes, all my p3 fly well and fine, so I'm not worried about this update. But DJI is really making a lot of confusion!!!
Yes. DJI is manufacturing a brilliant new product for many countries, in many languages. And it's not military- or industrial-grade equipment. It's astonishing that it performs this well at this price! So the documentation, apps, and firmware are going to be in flux for while.

Most people on this forum are probably too young to remember the early days of PCs. Every time a new OS fixed something, it broke three more. And we got through it!

Being a former hardware tech as well as a software engineer, I can tell you from my expertise and testing that I have a bad board. I just wanted some input from others to see if there was some setting in the software that I missed. I don't think the option was added in the latest update, because others had the board working before the update.

I won't comment, specifically, on what you said, but, from my own personal experience, I can start that I've known several techs, engineers, and even IT managers who knew less than those below them...since of them even knew less than others who had no training, whatsoever, in these areas.

If you did all the troubleshooting you mention (or, should I say, claim to have done), then, whether the HDMI upgrade board was functional, or not, that would not have caused the option for "video to HDMI" to not appear. Again, as I stated earlier, I performed the firmware update prior to installing the HDMI board, and the option was visible...yes, it was grayed out, so as to not be useable, but it was still present.

I did the first update but now when I turn on th GO app (iPad mini 2) I do not see the new firmware v1.4.0.1 on the app. Turned on bird and all but still no message about it. Going on a job tomorrow and do not know what to do? My RC was at 41% could that be when I see nothing new? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I did the first update but now when I turn on th GO app (iPad mini 2) I do not see the new firmware v1.4.0.1 on the app.

Did you check the model number of your transmitter first? I ask because several people have mentioned that the 1.4.0.1 firmware update is only for transmitter model numbers ending with "A". If your transmitter model number ends with "B", it doesn't need, nor will it even take notice of, the 1.4.0.1 update.

The other possibility is that the firmware already updated (again, ONLY if the transmitter model ends with "A"). Turn on your transmitter & tablet, plug tablet into transmitter, open app, & then check the transmitter firmware version (as listed in the app). If it shows "1.3.2.0", then the firmware hasn't been updated...and if it shows "1.3.2.0+", then the firmware HAS been updated.

Did you check the model number of your transmitter first? I ask because several people have mentioned that the 1.4.0.1 firmware update is only for transmitter model numbers ending with "A". If your transmitter model number ends with "B", it doesn't need, nor will it even take notice of, the 1.4.0.1 update.

The other possibility is that the firmware already updated (again, ONLY if the transmitter model ends with "A"). Turn on your transmitter & tablet, plug tablet into transmitter, open app, & then check the transmitter firmware version (as listed in the app). If it shows "1.3.2.0", then the firmware hasn't been updated...and if it shows "1.3.2.0+", then the firmware HAS been updated.
You forgot to mention that the P3 has to be turned on and connected to see the FW version.

I have the "A" Tx and Go app 2.0.0 on iPad mini 2. Firmware shows as 1.3.20 (no +).

My Nexus 7 shows the same on Go app 2.0.1.

Go app 2.1.0 on my iPhone 6 doesn't show the show the firmware version at all when the Phantom is connected. It didn't on 2.0.0 either. That's strange.

You forgot to mention that the P3 has to be turned on and connected to see the FW version.

I have the "A" Tx and Go app 2.0.0 on iPad mini 2. Firmware shows as 1.3.20 (no +).

My Nexus 7 shows the same on Go app 2.0.1.

Go app 2.1.0 on my iPhone 6 doesn't show the show the firmware version at all when the Phantom is connected. It didn't on 2.0.0 either. That's strange.
I think you have to have the 'A' model RC and also be using Android for any FW update notice to appear. If I'm wrong them I'm sure other members will chime in to correct me.

I think you have to have the 'A' model RC and also be using Android for any FW update notice to appear. If I'm wrong them I'm sure other members will chime in to correct me.
Sorry, I'm a slow learner and and called my "RC" a "Tx" (transmitter). It is an "A" model as I stated.

My Nexus 7 says "Android" when it boots up so, naturally, that's what I thought it was. Thanks for informing me otherwise.

Actually, the point of my post was that I connected on 3 devices, both iOS and Android, all updated to Go app, and none of them showed that my RC firmware had been updated beyond 1.3.20. Also none of them offered to update the RC to 1.4.0.1.

Sorry, I'm a slow learner and and called my "RC" a "Tx" (transmitter). It is an "A" model as I stated.

My Nexus 7 says "Android" when it boots up so, naturally, that's what I thought it was. Thanks for informing me otherwise.

Actually, the point of my post was that I connected on 3 devices, both iOS and Android, all updated to Go app, and none of them showed that my RC firmware had been updated beyond 1.3.20. Also none of them offered to update the RC to 1.4.0.1.
Your Nexus 7 is an Android and the fact that you haven't been advised to update the RC when opening the DJI GO app means that DJI must have pulled this update for whatever reason - most odd. My RC asked to be updated to 1.4.0.1 as soon as I had updated to the DJI GO app but once updated it showed 1.3.2.0+ rather than 1.4.0.1 !!

Your Nexus 7 is an Android and the fact that you haven't been advised to update the RC when opening the DJI GO app means that DJI must have pulled this update for whatever reason - most odd. My RC asked to be updated to 1.4.0.1 as soon as I had updated to the DJI GO app but once updated it showed 1.3.2.0+ rather than 1.4.0.1 !!
I don't know. You're probably right.

That's "interesting", especially considering I just checked the DJI website, and the v1.3.20 is the latest firmware listed.

A lot of us do know that the "next" firmware update...the one giving POI, follow-me, and another new feature...was reported two days ago, and that is supposed to be available within the next seven days (meaning, at this point, within the next five days), but, according to their site, as of right now, it's not yet available. I'm looking forward to it...as are plenty of others.

The new v1.4 firmware and updated version of the app goes live tomorrow the 7th of September.

As you pointed out the 5 new modes/features will be added as well as the Phantom Advanced having its filming resolution increased to 2.7k @ 30fps matching the Phamtom Standards capability.

I presume most know about this now as its filtered through the media, Twitter, etc over the past few days following the show announcement.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl