RC Dog damage disaster

Reaction score
I was horrified to discover that our large puppy evidently stood up on his back legs and pulled my RC off the table and onto the hard parquet floor ! When I walked in he was busy pulling off the rubber skin that I had recently put on the RC to ironically protect it, he has a fascination for anything rubber !

The casing has separated at the back in places and the right hand wheel/dial only moves in one direction, can't remember if this is normal. Apart from the plastic bulging and being separated at the join, it does not seem to be cracked. Any suggestions as to what I should do or should I just take it in to my DJI dealer ?

Apart from the cosmetic side I'm more concerned as to what internal damage there might be with the effecting the electronics and fine tuning of things and the performance and connection to the AC when flying and which I might only discover when it's too late ? At first test the RC switches on and seems to control the AC (Ph4P+) settings fine, but have yet to try fly it.

Any thoughts or advice please ?

IMG_2920.JPG

IMG_2921.JPG

IMG_2918.JPG

Last edited:
You can always remove the bottom and re-set that piece of plastic. You don't need dust or critters crawling in there.

Does the P4P app have the simulator? If so, give it try. You should be able to test most if not all of your functions.

My P3S has the simulator and it does everything, including RTH.

Yes sure the P4P+ does have a simulator for basic flying, but presumably there are many other flying, gimbal and camera settings which the RC controls on the AC which might not be spot on or out of sync given the drop ? It must be a first this.... having a RC crash before the AC !

IMG_2922.jpg

Found this pic, but not sure I have the correct tools and presume that opening it up myself will cancel my one year warranty.
As mentioned my main concern is not cosmetic..
HTB1XivOQFXXXXaqaXXXq6xXFXXXJ.jpg

Two more screws under the long rubber strip. Be careful not to damage the wires and ribbons under there

Cool thanks, I undid all the screws and clicked the two shell halves back into place, looks like new. I did not open it wide enough to need to remove the ribbon so I did not look into the RC. Sticks and left dial work fine and it seems to fly fine on the simulator, but will test things out for real shortly. I just wondered if there could be any issues with the RC and the communication to the AC or finely tuned settings, having taken a two to three foot drop ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20