RC connection lost

Reaction score
How do I handle the problem of losing rc connection when flying my P4? I also have problems of stuttering video sync with the DJI go app. Flashes green horizontal lines and has stuttering buffering issues

Do I need to buy a better controller than the one provided?

You will need to provide more information. What distance are you losing signal and what kind of environment are you flying in. What kind of device are you using with your RC?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Double_DoubleG
I have a GL300c remote controller which came with my phantom 4 when I purchased.
I have lost RC signal on two seperate occasions under 80m in distance and height both being in an urban environment around houses and standing in a parking lot.

Have you read the manual regarding proper antenna position? If you are in an urban area with lots of wifi it will interfere with your signal. Look into getting some Windsurfers for your antenna. What mobile device are you using? How many satellites are you locking in before launching?

i have read the proper antenna position. i have windsurfers, they only narrow the signal, they do not help. i am using the dji go app with the latest firmware for both the RC and the craft. i always lock in strong GPS before i take off.
the problem is not in the pre flight check, its during my flight, specifically when rc signal is lost RTH is engaged and signal lost when landing.
my question is if i upgrade my RC controller, to possibly the C1 controller i believe i will have better connection and signal between the RC and craft

With the distances you are talking about, there is something else going besides your controller. You need to go and try flying in a different location with less interference and see if there is a noticeable difference.

In Go app Disable video recording of streaming back to tablet/phone, if not already done. This is only for log purpose in case you loose the craft and its sdcard. You'll save some bandwith.

Also tablet/phone must be enough powered in terms of CPU performance and available memory. But sure you know already this. And make sure your device doesn't overheat.

Then environmental conditions to consider.
Urban very crowdy in terms of interferences, concrete, metal etc. Even outside with clear path is not obvious. Here long distance performance but shows environmental impact. NeverMindYourOwn;
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
MSU is killing Notre Dame! Sorry lost my thoughts after that run up the middle!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31