Rant!!

Reaction score
I'm getting really sick and tired of my P3P losing its video while flying out around 300 feet or so.
I'm using the MaxxUAV LITE (I think it's called).
And when it looks like the video feed is clear, I go to my house and try and play back what I was filming, that one video is split into like five of them.

I'm kinda starting to give up on this hobby of mine because I really like filming all sorts of stuff while in the air.

End of rant.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The video quality is much better on the SD card playback for one.

Also, I believe the drone depending on settings breaks the video into 9 minute segments. But if it does it usually will tell you when it's doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The video quality is much better on the SD card playback for one.

Also, I believe the drone depending on settings breaks the video into 9 minute segments. But if it does it usually will tell you when it's doing that.

Sadly it didn't tell me. All I can tell you is that it breaks it into 1-2-5 min intervals.

Play what is saved on the SD card.
Video feed on the tablet is 720p, while your p3p can save 4k videos (what's the point of having a p3p if you don't save 4k?), and quality will be totally different (not only because of the higher resolution, but also because of the much higher bitrate).
Moreover, every kind of interference in between the craft and the remote will influence badly your video feed.
I don't know if this is your case, but if you don't look at what's inside the sd card, you can't really know what's goingon.

I'm getting really sick and tired of my P3P losing its video while flying out around 300 feet or so.
And when it looks like the video feed is clear, I go to my house and try and play back what I was filming, that one video is split into like five of them.

I'm kinda starting to give up on this hobby of mine because I really like filming all sorts of stuff while in the air.

End of rant.

maybe try it without the MaxxUAV LITE

maybe it is the issue ....

maybe try it without the MaxxUAV LITE

maybe it is the issue ....
You really can't go back to stock antenna's after you convert to the Itelite antenna. You can only screw on aftermarket omni directional antennas as a test. If you have a GL300B controller or GL300A, you shouldn't have those break ups in 720 video if you're less than a mile range and VLOS. Any time you lose the video feed for even a split second, it will start another video file. So if you FAIL to keep the directional antenna pointed at the craft ALL THE TIME, you'll have these same results from the iPad video.

It's really counterproductive to use the iPad video, it's crap. I never look at that because it's terrible for clarity. Viewing 1080P is crystal clear on a 1080 screen. If you have a way to view 4K, then it's even better to record 4K if you don't mind the longer rendering time when you edit. It takes a pretty good computer to edit 4K efficiently.

STOP using that crappy ipad cached video and use the real stuff in the SD card. You'll see the video has NO GAPS, only the 9min limit gap due to the 3.9GB limit of the 32bit OS in the system. You'll be happier with the real stuff.

If you only have 1080 viewing capability, record in 1080P X 60 fps. That will let you do "slow motion" clips in post edit, assuming you have a method to edit on a Mac or PC. A decent video editor is going to be a requirement to be happy with your video recordings from a Phantom.

End of rant.

I will echo what mikesmiley said, there is a crystal clear copy of the video on the drone itself on the sd card. What is on your phone is just a copy and is transmitted over the air. Very choppy, just pointing that out incase you didn't know. Hope you can resolve your issue and continue flying!

You really can't go back to stock antenna's after you convert to the Itelite antenna. You can only screw on aftermarket omni directional antennas as a test. If you have a GL300B controller or GL300A, you shouldn't have those break ups in 720 video if you're less than a mile range and VLOS. Any time you lose the video feed for even a split second, it will start another video file. So if you FAIL to keep the directional antenna pointed at the craft ALL THE TIME, you'll have these same results from the iPad video.

It's really counterproductive to use the iPad video, it's crap. I never look at that because it's terrible for clarity. Viewing 1080P is crystal clear on a 1080 screen. If you have a way to view 4K, then it's even better to record 4K if you don't mind the longer rendering time when you edit. It takes a pretty good computer to edit 4K efficiently.

STOP using that crappy ipad cached video and use the real stuff in the SD card. You'll see the video has NO GAPS, only the 9min limit gap due to the 3.9GB limit of the 32bit OS in the system. You'll be happier with the real stuff.

If you only have 1080 viewing capability, record in 1080P X 60 fps. That will let you do "slow motion" clips in post edit, assuming you have a method to edit on a Mac or PC. A decent video editor is going to be a requirement to be happy with your video recordings from a Phantom.

Wow John. That's the best advise I've heard in a long time!
Thanks k you so much!!
(All of you that have a say in this as well)
Thank you

Reactions: Ken Hanks
And I have the "longer" version of the stock antennas. Lol
About the same. But I'm going to do what John told me.
[emoji16]

I did.

If you did it yourself, with these results, it is very likely that the transmitter mod was not done correctly. I would send it to Jake to have it professionally done, but that's just me. :cool: Boosters also substantially increase the range with the better external antennas. Make sure any battery powering the boosters is turned on. Without power, the in line boosters will actually worsen the signal over stock.

Well im trying to transfer the videos over to my mac and when I'm playing them, the lower cursor moves, but the video does not :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31