Rant!!

Why can't you go back to stock antennas. I can on mine.
You really can't go back to stock antenna's after you convert to the Itelite antenna. You can only screw on aftermarket omni directional antennas as a test. If you have a GL300B controller or GL300A, you shouldn't have those break ups in 720 video if you're less than a mile range and VLOS. Any time you lose the video feed for even a split second, it will start another video file. So if you FAIL to keep the directional antenna pointed at the craft ALL THE TIME, you'll have these same results from the iPad video.

It's really counterproductive to use the iPad video, it's crap. I never look at that because it's terrible for clarity. Viewing 1080P is crystal clear on a 1080 screen. If you have a way to view 4K, then it's even better to record 4K if you don't mind the longer rendering time when you edit. It takes a pretty good computer to edit 4K efficiently.

STOP using that crappy ipad cached video and use the real stuff in the SD card. You'll see the video has NO GAPS, only the 9min limit gap due to the 3.9GB limit of the 32bit OS in the system. You'll be happier with the real stuff.

If you only have 1080 viewing capability, record in 1080P X 60 fps. That will let you do "slow motion" clips in post edit, assuming you have a method to edit on a Mac or PC. A decent video editor is going to be a requirement to be happy with your video recordings from a Phantom.

Why can't you go back to stock antennas. I can on mine.
You could, but you would have to have left the original stock antennas mounted in place and undo the mod inside and rewire everything back, and most just cut out the stock antennas completely. You can't just screw them back onto the SMS connectors from the mod, like a you can a cheap set of stock replacements with the SMS connectors already on them. It's usually a one way street.

I have the same antennae, I think. Well I noticed that congested areas have a great influence on connection especially near phone towers. I remember flying one time near a cell tower and my signal was getting choppy at just around 200 feet. Forward a few weeks later and the same drone setup flew 6k feet before encountering connection problems. I was also warned that wifi and other signals will definitely interfere with the signal. Also, flying straight in long distances have also been a good start to get a clear connection.

Well im trying to transfer the videos over to my mac and when I'm playing them, the lower cursor moves, but the video does not :(

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have a feeling you would feel like a new man if you just install the 32 channel mod. Once installed, select manual, and then select channel 32 and save. Go make your usual 300ft flight and come post the results. You should notice a huge difference. If not, then it wasn't installed correctly.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I have a feeling you would feel like a new man if you just install the 32 channel mod. Once installed, select manual, and then select channel 32 and save. Go make your usual 300ft flight and come post the results. You should notice a huge difference. If not, then it wasn't installed correctly.
This can also help.

Here's the 32 channel for IOS. I got it from some post here on PHantom Pilots. If you need a tutorial, then here you go:

Attachments

• DJI Config File2.zip
    1,015 bytes · Views: 118
Reactions: Double_DoubleG
why?
if you are not getting good range and video now,
what is the benefit, if not xtra range and solid video
just asking!
The OP, DDG, has a technical problem. I suspect it's a flawed antenna installation because the Itelite antenna will double the range of a stock controller antenna, and he's reporting poor range, it should easily get two miles, IF LOS with NO TREES BLOCKING SIGNAL and it's not in the middle of the city.

It would be sad make a bad decision like reverting to a stock antenna because a stock controller antenna delivers less range. I think DDG needs help to get this resolved.

DDG, go into the GO app and choose CUSTOM CHANNEL, choose channel 20, which is usually a quiet channel. Once you do that, then you'll see an option to adjust TRANSMISSION QUALITY. Set that to 4mbps. Fly that and report back.

Reactions: Double_DoubleG
Why would you have had to left the stock antennas in place? I slid mine out of the holes in the case without cutting anything. The stock antennas just pop right out of their mount. I can pop them back in and look completely stock.Why ANYONE would cut the antennas out is odd. It takes ten seconds to pop them out of the case. Then unplug the antennas from the board and slide everything out.
You could, but you would have to have left the original stock antennas mounted in place and undo the mod inside and rewire everything back, and most just cut out the stock antennas completely. You can't just screw them back onto the SMS connectors from the mod, like a you can a cheap set of stock replacements with the SMS connectors already on them. It's usually a one way street.

I think you are right. He has messed something up somewhere. Maybe a loose connection or he damaged something during the install. But then again he said he was having range issues and that is why he upgraded the antennas in the first place....?

The OP, DDG, has a technical problem. I suspect it's a flawed antenna installation because the Itelite antenna will double the range of a stock controller antenna, and he's reporting poor range, it should easily get two miles, IF LOS with NO TREES BLOCKING SIGNAL and it's not in the middle of the city.

It would be sad make a bad decision like reverting to a stock antenna because a stock controller antenna delivers less range. I think DDG needs help to get this resolved.

Why would you have had to left the stock antennas in place? I slid mine out of the holes in the case without cutting anything. The stock antennas just pop right out of their mount. I can pop them back in and look completely stock.Why ANYONE would cut the antennas out is odd. It takes ten seconds to pop them out of the case. Then unplug the antennas from the board and slide everything out.
Not every transmitter mod was done the same way. Some intentionally "cut the cord" when they did the mod. Others left the original antennas in place. If the OP messed up the mod, just replacing the original antennas likely won't fix his problem.

@flyNfrank can you confirm that Litchi on iOS does not support the 32 channel hack? The 32 hack works wonderfully in DJI GO on my iPadPro, but the additional channels are missing from the manual channel list when I use Litchi, and my fixed channel 32 reverts to Auto by default, leaving selecting manual channel 20 as my best option, when using Litchi.

I live south of Minneapolis and even there, I have trees. Not tall ones, but I just don't have anywhere else to go unless I "fly" out to another state. :(

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

DDG, go into the GO app and choose CUSTOM CHANNEL, choose channel 20, which is usually a quiet channel. Once you do that, then you'll see an option to adjust TRANSMISSION QUALITY. Set that to 4mbps. Fly that and report back.

I'll try that as soon as I can John. Been busy with work lately.
Thank you :)

I slid mine out too. Still have them intact.

There you go @GadgetGuy . So he CAN actually go back to stock. You should not confuse people by telling them that they can not go back to stock.
I never said he couldn't. Depends upon how the mod was done. However, if the external antenna is now worse than stock, something is screwed up inside the transmitter by virtue having done the mod incorrectly, and simply putting the original antennas back in won't fix that. It generally is a one way street. If you mod it correctly, you would never want to go back. If you did it incorrectly, you may not be able to go back.:cool:

I never said he couldn't. Depends upon how the mod was done. However, if the external antenna is now worse than stock, something is screwed up inside the transmitter by virtue having done the mod incorrectly, and simply putting the original antennas back in won't fix that. It generally is a one way street. If you mod it correctly, you would never want to go back. If you did it incorrectly, you may not be able to go back.:cool:

This is truth! If he doesn't have one of the wires snapped in correctly it will probably hurt the controller by essentially running no antennas.

I've done many of these mods, and my experience is I left the stocks in place for the first one. The second one and every one since I went DBS style and just clipped the wires and pulled them out then routed both new ones over the top of the sticks.

In every case mine went amazing!

I've never used boosters, just antennas and I can easily go 25,000' to 27,000' no problem.

Also, these antennas are not just hook it up and viola! You have to know or learn how to POINT IT!

You keep line of sight on the bird, and keep the antenna level with the ground (not up in the air). When you lose bars on the signal you point it DOWN slightly until the signal comes back! Rarely do you have to point up.

I assume this is because your bouncing the signal off the ground surface and up essentially!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl