range problem with phantom 3 standard.

Reaction score
i've got a phantom 3 standard and i have fitted a "ARG range extender" but i can still only get an altitude of 200ft and range of 250ft.
does anyone live near coventry who has a phantom 3 and can check my transmitter with there's?

i've got a phantom 3 standard and i have fitted a "ARG range extender" but i can still only get an altitude of 200ft and range of 250ft.
does anyone live near coventry who has a phantom 3 and can check my transmitter with there's?

Have you got any range limitations set in the app
Are you logged into the app, Rangel limitation applies if not.
Did you have the same issues before fitting the argtek
Has the quad ever gone further ?

Are you losing control signal or fpv signal

I'm logged into app.
range limits off
same range before ARG.
sudden drop in trans signal at about 180 to 200ft

Personally I would have said that the problem is where your flying your bird. Though I am by no means an experience pilot. The reason being is that the Phantom standard works on Wifi, and with you flying close to houses, you are likely to get interference from the houses and home wifi networks. Have you tried flying in say a park or open space to see if you get the same problem?

Reactions: crash1sttime
took the drone to the fishing lake today.
check the range limits on open ground.
any help to cure problem welcomed.

took the drone to the fishing lake today.
check the range limits on open ground.
any help to cure problem welcomed.

I think something is wrong with your remote control. And that can be the connection to the antenna. Re-open the remote control and check your connections. Often a connection error occurs at the connection to the printed circuit board.
Check all connections again and (if possible) take a photo of it (so you can also give us a look through this forum).

Reactions: Turboshed
I have opened my transmitter but everything looks ok, the antenna connections look ok.

pics as requested.

Attachments

• IMG_0310.JPG
    IMG_0310.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0311.JPG
    IMG_0311.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0312.JPG
    IMG_0312.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0321.JPG
    IMG_0321.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 234
pics as requested.
Thank you for your photos. I think your antenna is not correctly connected. My advise to you is disconnect the connections again, clean the connections well (but always carefully) and reconnect them.Use a little of connection spray on the wire (not on the board). Then apply an insulation over the connection (using a glue pistol, for example). It is intended that the inner pins fall into each other.

Antenna-Transposon.jpg

450ft before signal loss, that’s not FPV as it’s still showing live feed, it’s control signal.

If it’s been like this since new then it’s a faulty quad and I would return it if you can for another.

I’ve seen a few posts from standard owners who were disappointed with range

When I fitted the ARG to mine the connectiors fell off the printed circuit board and left me with no range the only fix I found was to buy a second Hand transmitor from eBay as spares seem to be impossible to come by

Reactions: Turboshed

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1