range problem with ARGtek

Reaction score
good afternoon people

i would like some advice

I have a P3S and recently installed the ARGtek range extender

before that i was flying at about 400-500 meters away , and i was hoping to get more distance aout of my drone.

but it just dont work ,the range droped about 100 meters.

the best i manage to do was something above 600m at the same place a month ago i was going 900+ meters with no broblem .

i tested it with both 1.6.8 and 1.5.7 and ios with 2.8.3 and androind with 3.0.1 app version

the places i am testing are open fields and there are no interference

any ideas what might be happening will be more than appreciated

thanks in advance

Kostas

I was getting about 600 feet with the stock Standard. I installed the ARGtek and got only about 1,200 feet or so. I removed the ARGtek and installed a Windsurfer antenna mod. I am now able to go out 2,090 feet. Maybe a little better if I pushed it. Still not great, or as good as I expected from a Standard. They say that a new firmware update, which is in the works, will fix the range issue. In the meantime, I purchased a P3P, and can go as far as I want or dare. I still fly the Standard just for practice, but the Pro is my range machine.

I'm interested to know which antenna is which ...

We have three ... two rectangular, one each side and one stick in the centre. Which one is flight control and which is video for FPV etc. ?

Nigel

I'm interested to know which antenna is which ...

We have three ... two rectangular, one each side and one stick in the centre. Which one is flight control and which is video for FPV etc. ?

Nigel
Left and right are video and the center controls the AC

good afternoon people

i would like some advice

before that i was flying at about 400-500 meters away , and i was hoping to get more distance aout of my drone.

the best i manage to do was something above 600m at the same place a month ago i was going 900+ meters with no broblem .

i tested it with both 1.6.8 and 1.5.7 and ios with 2.8.3 and androind with 3.0.1 app version

thanks in advance

Kostas
lf you decreased your range its one of 2 things. Either a bad connection or a bogus unit (witch would prob be a bad cable). Very unlikely it's anything else.

l used to use one and it doubled my range

Ohiowoodsman, That is the odd thing. I have talked with people who have installed the ARGtek mod, and they get great range. I just don't know what the difference is. Anyway, I took mine off and put it in storage. I wish I could sell it. I think it has a lot to do with the firmware issue.

Ohiowoodsman, That is the odd thing. I have talked with people who have installed the ARGtek mod, and they get great range. I just don't know what the difference is. Anyway, I took mine off and put it in storage. I wish I could sell it. I think it has a lot to do with the firmware issue.
l don't know maybe if he stayed the same l would include firmware but he deceased. I can remember you having trouble also.

This is what ended up happening to my Argtek after re-cabling it
IMAG0082.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
good afternoon people

i would like some advice

thanks in advance

Kostas
Pretty sure something is wrong , either bad connection or bad antenna , I was able to get over 10,000 feet with the Argtek. 20160920_153958 (1).png

Pretty sure something is wrong , either bad connection or bad antenna , I was able to get over 10,000 feet with the Argtek. View attachment 68207

I dont think is bad connection . i checked and rechecked the connection 100 times they are good. the installation was done by a professional .

how can i check if the antenna is faulty ?

cheers

I dont think is bad connection . i checked and rechecked the connection 100 times they are good. the installation was done by a professional .

cheers
Hmmm, I have no clue how to check if an antenna is working or not . . Maybe ask in this tread below , , some ppl there have some major antenna setups , maybe one will know . . Good luck .

Show me your unique modded P3S remotes.

Last edited:

cheers
When you checked your connections 100 times how did you check them, by eye?

As far as l know u need a rf meter to check the antennas and there very expensive. Can you borrow antennas from somebody else an screw em one?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31