Range problem p4p

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,
I am flying a p4p, have modified my drone controller to use either a 4 hawks raptor or stock antennas. I have hundreds of flights and logged 150 plus miles and been flying this drone for almost a year. Now the problem is on the last update last week, before this update stock anetannas 2 miles easy, after 1500 feet max usually less. With 4 hawks before 21000 feet easy now maybe 5000 at best. I have gone through all settings to make sure that the update has not changed anything and tried different channels to no avail. The big question is on this last update did DJI Reduce our transmit power for some reason from the drone, or is that even possible, or should I start looking for some thing else thanx for any input!

Hi guys and gals,
I am flying a p4p, have modified my drone controller to use either a 4 hawks raptor or stock antennas. I have hundreds of flights and logged 150 plus miles and been flying this drone for almost a year. Now the problem is on the last update last week, before this update stock anetannas 2 miles easy, after 1500 feet max usually less. With 4 hawks before 21000 feet easy now maybe 5000 at best. I have gone through all settings to make sure that the update has not changed anything and tried different channels to no avail. The big question is on this last update did DJI Reduce our transmit power for some reason from the drone, or is that even possible, or should I start looking for some thing else thanx for any input!
I just updated the RC and AC last week as well, thanks for the heads up, I'll try a 25,000' round trip with my Titan Cyclone 5.8Ghz and report back. All my fights since the updates have been about 3500' out.

Reactions: midemike
Being quite new at this less than 100 flights you guys are scaring me re updates. I got my first notice yesterday, but ignored it. Well time will tell.

Hi guys and gals,
When I said 21000 feet that is one way but now I cant even get a full mile line of sight before it loses signal and goes to RTH.
drone flight.JPG

Check if the update switched you to 2.4 , I fly in 5.8 Custom channel and find it gives me the best range
I always fly on custom never auto and normally 5.8. I have flown 10 times since update and tried different channels and settings no range difference.

Re-Link your controller with drone, switch to 2.4Ghz frequency.
Don't use 5.8 unless you fly in dens urban area. 2.4Ghz is 3.5x times more better penetrable then 5.8Ghz and give you far more distance.
Watch for trees as they are best signal absorber ever :D.

Reactions: Fly Mark Fly
Re-Link your controller with drone, switch to 2.4Ghz frequency.
Don't use 5.8 unless you fly in dens urban area. 2.4Ghz is 3.5x times more better penetrable then 5.8Ghz and give you far more distance.
Watch for trees as they are best signal absorber ever :D.
Ill give it a try but normally all channels in the 2.4 range are fairly dirty and 5.8 channels are usually clean even in my area, also the flight that I posted on this thread like many others were on custom channels at 5.8ghz. what ever it is happened wen I did the last drone up date. I flew a 15000 foot one way flight in the morning. updated the drone flew 2 hours later and had no range wouldn't even fly 800 feet before I got a disconnect, checked all settings and all the same as in the morning.

Reactions: Fly Mark Fly
Just got back from doing a 35,000' round trip with the new FW for both the controller and app with the Titan Cyclone 5.8Ghz range extender.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31