Range extender

Reaction score
Hey! I bought this phantom 3 4k and i am kind of disappointed in the range of the wifi. I cant afford the other drones with lightbridge so its not an option. I have heard of this dbs mod that will give alot more range, but i have no experience of modding anything.. I feel like im just going to break the controller.. So does anybody have a GOOD tutorial video or can i buy modded controllers somewhere?

It’s really easy actually but just YouTube some and it’s pretty straight forward just use a sharp knife on the silicone holding the antenna wires and get it off that way rather than rip them off... it’s an excellent addition I don’t get much for signal loss at all anymore , but this one is similar it’s a standard not a 4K but uses the same antenna, I never found one for the 4K when I looked

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It’s really easy actually but just YouTube some and it’s pretty straight forward just use a sharp knife on the silicone holding the antenna wires and get it off that way rather than rip them off... it’s an excellent addition I don’t get much for signal loss at all anymore , but this one is similar it’s a standard not a 4K but uses the same antenna, I never found one for the 4K when I looked

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Some ppl told me that the controller is different

I just purchased a P3 4K with the Itelite antenna mod. Seller was quite happy with it and said it definitely helped his signal issues. Not sure if he did it or had it done.

I'm selling my set up. It's been getting about 4,000 ft in the city. At 2,500 ft I have no line of sight do to trees and buildings. Otherwise it would be further. In the countryside areas I've taken it 11,000 ft and got scared to go farther. Selling everything for $550

Check this thread out for the mod details.
What is considered good range in the City?

Reactions: Fly Mark Fly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic