range extender

Reaction score
so drone nerds refuse to add the range extender to my remote because it’s a wifi remote for the phantom 3 professional there ad clearly says it’s for wifi remotes they said they didn’t want break it . I was told i should get a new drone every video i’ve watch all say it’s for a wifi remote or it will work with a wifi remote . It’s a booster right for your wifi ?

P3P craft don't use Wifi. It uses Lightbridge, with two antennas. Do you mean P3SE with one antenna? or P3S (standard), also one antenna?

It’s p3 professional with two antennas

Ok, then you don't use Wi-Fi. That's a Lightbridge remote.

Just slip a windsurfer directional parabolic dish on the dual antennas, that's almost as good. You should easily get a two mile range.

Ok, then you don't use Wi-Fi. That's a Lightbridge remote.

Just slip a windsurfer directional parabolic dish on the dual antennas, that's almost as good. You should easily get a two mile range.

my thing is not flying long range i just keep losing connection in the city and parks i’m into photography i’m just starting out with the p3 professional i’m loosing connection at 70 ft to 90 ft scary so i’m not able to get those pictures at that moment! wts a windsurfer ?

Last edited:
Make sure you select a custom channel, then set the transmission quality to 4mbps. Try ch1 or ch20, whichever has the least amount of interference. If you can install the 32ch hack into the Go app, that will help. If you don't know what that it, search this forum for "32 channel hack" to learn more. If you install the hack, fly ch30 or 31 to steer clear of interference.

If you keep a clear line of sight connection with nothing between you and the craft you should easily get a 2mi range, otherwise there's something is wrong with the craft. If you fly more then a half mile way use a windsurfer parbolic dish reflector to help with extending the range.

If you really only get 90' you should call drone nerds and complain. It should easily go over a mile, and with a windsurfer you should get 2mi.

P3P craft don't use Wifi. It uses Lightbridge, with two antennas. Do you mean P3SE with one antenna? or P3S (standard), also one antenna?
P3 SE uses lightbridge. We know that because when you take a P3SE apart you find the same OFDM module as fitted to the P3A&P AC’s.

P3 SE uses lightbridge. We know that because when you take a P3SE apart you find the same OFDM module as fitted to the P3A&P AC’s.
Everything I read doesn't confirm that. Maybe the module has component population options, so it looks the same but it's not. Too bad it's only got one antenna, likely the video receive.

Everything I read doesn't confirm that. Maybe the module has component population options, so it looks the same but it's not. Too bad it's only got one antenna, likely the video receive.
It’s actually the opposite, the OFDM board is fully populated where’s the main board is absent any components in the area ordinarily populated by the WIFI circuitry. It would seem DJI is being very clever here and using up excess parts inventory in a hybrid model.

Reactions: p3s_noob
Hello I was wondering if anyone has tried this range extender antenna from ITElite Antennas? It looks like a super antenna but I'm wondering if the connection is improved.
05.jpg

so drone nerds refuse to add the range extender to my remote because it’s a wifi remote for the phantom 3 professional there ad clearly says it’s for wifi remotes they said they didn’t want break it . I was told i should get a new drone every video i’ve watch all say it’s for a wifi remote or it will work with a wifi remote . It’s a booster right for your wifi ?

BWSAGO: I noticed that ITElite offers professional installation for the antennas they offer. Just in case you don't want to perform the installation yourself.

Uav And Drone Antennas | United States | ITELITE ANTENNAS Inc.

I have it but I’m not really getting the distance I’m looking for with the p3 4K

You
I have it but I’m not really getting the distance I’m looking for with the p3 4K
You never will get much over a mile at best with DJI Wi-Fi drones. Most the time about 1/2 mile is the limit. You need a P3P, you'd be happy with that. You can get over 2 miles easy, close to 3 miles, but limited by battery life. I have one for sale if interested, $650 with 4 batteries.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic