Range Extender on P3S CE Model

Reaction score
Hi All

First time posting - so be gentle with me :)
I am flying a P3S in Ireland and currently it is fixed at a max range of 500m due to the CE certification. Unfortunately it appears that this restriction cannot be removed (or at least nobody seems to have been able to work out how yet :( )
I read with interest the idea of "range extenders" - however I wonder will these work in a CE region........surely when the quad realises that it is 500m away from the control unit, it will "refuse" to travel any further??
Am I missing something? Would I have to make software modifications to the control unit/quad?

Cheers

surely when the quad realises that it is 500m away from the control unit, it will "refuse" to travel any further?
FCC/CE only affects the stock signal strength of the remote controller. Adding some type of range extender will allow to fly further.

Many thanks for your reply

However.....when Im out at 500m, it still seems that I have loads of "signal" left.....the quad is locked in a 500m radius......I have tried to adjust the max flight range on the DJI Go app but it will not let me enter a figure greater than 500m

All help and suggestions greatly appreciated

I'm sorry I don't have a P3S. But don't you have a program that you can use to adjust the distance limits on your aircraft from a desktop or laptop? If so, use that to change your 500 meter limit. Plug in your aircraft using a usb, bring up the software, change the distance limit.

Hi Mark
Nope.......or at least I dont think I do
Basically all my settings are done through the DJI Go app.......I only plug my camera into the laptop to download pics

Many thanks for your reply

However.....when Im out at 500m, it still seems that I have loads of "signal" left.....the quad is locked in a 500m radius......I have tried to adjust the max flight range on the DJI Go app but it will not let me enter a figure greater than 500m

All help and suggestions greatly appreciated
In your mc setting there should be a switch marked distance limit, (its just above distance set ) switch it off

The only one that I know of is the one for the camera.......thats not to say that there isnt another one hiding........Im off to have a look

MC=Master Control

Just to make sure I have terminology right.....the master controller is the "box" you hold in your hand?
The DJI Ap is on an ipad/android device.
It is from the ap that I set my distance.

PS I found the USB port on the drone.......If I plug that into laptop, is there software that auto installs on the laptop?

Sorry folks if Im wrecking your heads.....but Im very wary of going into to "over-ride" settings

no bother - cheers
But its great to know that I have another USB port that I didnt know about lol

Malta I'm in the UK flying p3s was just about getting 500m then I got dbs ITelite antenna and I can get 1.75miles good conditions. There's plenty of info on here search dbs mod.
There are also other antennas just released that are getting some really amazing results.

I still have no idea why anyone would want to fly more than 500m away.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

For the right to say 'neener, neener'...Why else?

I like testing the capability of things and knowledge of exactly how things work potentially could help out in situations that arrive, instead of being unprepared and panicking.
Testing in a controlled environment well away from any built up areas at a low altitude.
Also this helps with a solid signal on close flights meaning you have full control 100% of the time instead of losing fpv and control, although the technology works great it's best Imo to have that control

Pure curiosity to be honest
Also pure lazyness - there is a field about 700m from my house, the owner of which has some amazing machinery for crop care.......looking forward to getting a closer look without going out for a walk lol

Pure curiosity to be honest
Also pure lazyness - there is a field about 700m from my house, the owner of which has some amazing machinery for crop care.......looking forward to getting a closer look without going out for a walk lol
Honestly is a good policy!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic