Range Extender on P3S CE Model

Without Max distance enabled I was able to get to 1,3 km before losing video signal. CE mode in a place with no interference. In a place with lots of wifi in the air I sometimes get cut of almost at no distance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just to update

I turned off the "Max Distance" and managed to push it to 750m but kept loosing vision on it due to white clouds behind it.....therefore very difficult to keep the aerial pointing exactly in the right direction.
When I was pointing in the right direction I still had about 50% signal

Just to update

I turned off the "Max Distance" and managed to push it to 750m but kept loosing vision on it due to white clouds behind it.....therefore very difficult to keep the aerial pointing exactly in the right direction.
When I was pointing in the right direction I still had about 50% signal
That's pretty good distance for stock antenna, I don't think I could get that far before I upgraded

Well the latest update on the range is that I pushed out 1150m (and still had loads of signal left) using a home made parabolic reflector.
Followed the instructions in another thread (see below) on Phantom Pilots and was amazed at results.

DIY Antenna Booster for Phantom 3

I decided to see how far I could push my standard and managed just over a mile (video got choppy so cut my losses at 5300ft) - if I am over at the local park, I can be lucky to get 400ft. I think if you are somewhere where it's safe to push it, away from homes and therefore signals then you will get the distance. Conversely, if you are not, then it will keep you close and safe. That works fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers