random questions

SelfBiased

the third dimension is worth a look
Reaction score
reading about batteries, cell monitoring;
Are the cells individually replaceable? On cordless stuff I find dead cells, cut 'em out solder in a new, but my drill doesn't crash ⛑

Reading, it appears I can do most "stuff" off-line, no internet? I have a win7, once i'm flying, i'd like to wack it, load 10, disable network connections and just use for flight data and image work. Firmware i'm not clear on, can I just have "the one running" stored on my PC, then re-load when needed, or does it "expire" so I can't fly without "new" firmware?

last for now;
say I fly a square, can I come back the next day and just "load" square or is every flight new

Ok, 1 more, I get a banner asking to "enable push notifications"
what are they - cookies?

thanks
dave

Ok me try explain, me is last person to try this since me not to clever
Unsure with with which drone you have but lipos in phantoms are dangerous, only attempt this if your confidence and knowledge is high,some pull batterys apart to try fix but it's better to buy new batterys so errors dont occur in flight..
Flying a square shape or any shape can be set up with waypoints in dji app where you can pre program flight before flight,,these missions can be saved to fly identical route the next day or when ever,,every flight is a new flight unless you program in waypoints,,,firmware,,this is optional for us to update or not,some get it forced upon them and some have no issues with flying on old firmware which normally has less restrictions than the new firmware,if you like to update you do get the odd new feature BUT some firmware give some a nightmare with things no longer working like before,,with any drone if it flys normal just leave it until a prompt for you to update comes,,there many updates that come through playstore but that's the app and not the firmware and again optional...the firmware never expires until a new one is put out which is sposed to fix bugs etc and probably a new restriction,,sometimes there a option to roll back firmware but not as easy as in the past,,,
Push notifications is just letting phantom pilots give you notifications of replys to your post or duno,not 100% on that,,,I think it just makes something work better,,
Well I hope I not confuse you cause I confuse myself writing this,,its to early ;)

Thanks, my skill set is pretty good, 38yrs fixing complex systems, loved the challenge, AND I got paid stupid money for it, WIN WIN :cool:

" set up with waypoints in dji app where you can pre program flight before flight, "

is the dji app "standalone" (once loaded) no internet required?

Thanks, my skill set is pretty good, 38yrs fixing complex systems, loved the challenge, AND I got paid stupid money for it, WIN WIN :cool:

" set up with waypoints in dji app where you can pre program flight before flight, "

is the dji app "standalone" (once loaded) no internet required?
Yip once installed it there to you uninstall it,because my explanation not great you would be better to search utube for this waypoints clip in full explaining and simple,in app this where you find settings which under rc logo which you click on and slide screen to find waypoints ,,but yeh find clip at bottom ,,it shows p3s but same for p4 ,,,below is screenshot so dont click play it wont work
Screenshot_20200810-101646.jpg
Screenshot_20200810-101713.jpg
Screenshot_20200810-102414_Gallery.jpg

You can change cells, but don't mess with the electronic's on top. On top is the gateway to letting the battery work in the drone. Only DJI has the key. Lol

To actually fly the drone you don't need Internet at all. Make sure you pre load your maps before you go flying if you like to have the map.

Are you still looking to buy the P4P v2? Or the P3 2V? Huge difference. New vs very Old.

" P4P v2? "
my understanding, it comes with it's "own" 5.5" device with go software loaded. I did read in the somewhat anemic op-manual that 1st time power on I need Internet connected. what I'm unsure, do I provide it, or does the Ocusync find it's own link to the mother ship?

" Only DJI has the key. Lol "
I gave up hacking in the 90's ?
but i'm not above/below? paying "the new kid on the block" :innocent:

" P4P v2? "
my understanding, it comes with it's "own" 5.5" device with go software loaded. I did read in the somewhat anemic op-manual that 1st time power on I need Internet connected. what I'm unsure, do I provide it, or does the Ocusync find it's own link to the mother ship?

" Only DJI has the key. Lol "
I gave up hacking in the 90's ?
but i'm not above/below? paying "the new kid on the block" :innocent:
I use my cell phone for Wi-Fi the batteries have never been able to be altered safely to my knowledge but there is a guy named Cruzroy that has been trying to with the Inspire 1 he is getting there but doesn't look like a easy mod either

Reactions: Capt KO
P4P v2 Available with or without built in screen. Before first use, you will need access to WiFi. Using the screen (swipe down from top) turn on WiFi or similar if using your own device screen. You can then log in to set passwords, etc and download maps. WiFi is not needed for flight, just for updates and new maps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.