'Brand new' Drone with confusing serial numbers

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

First post here and i'm in a weird situation and didn't know where else to turn.

I've bought a brand new Mavic Pro with the Fly More combo off Amazon from one of the top sellers with tons of positive feedback.

Drone arrives quickly and I notice that the battery in the actual drone is not an official DJI one, seems very strange considering that it's supposed to be a brand new device. I'm then trying to activate it and it is saying that the device was activated over 48 hours ago which again is weird for a 'brand new' device.

The serial numbers on the box and device are also different from each other.

Then the best part, I go to look at the memory card on my computer and there's already several clips of a random dude in Washington state flying it around the neighbourhood! The videos are from July 4th 2017.

I've already messaged the seller for an explanation, but does anyone have any ideas how this may have happened? Kind of freaked out by it all, especially by the mis matching SN's and videos

Any help would be appreciated,

James-

I’d get with Amazon and explain to them that you received something different than what was ordered. I’ve always had a good outcome with Amazon’s return plan. Obviously the drone you received was not as advertised.

Thanks for the advice, i'll do that tonight! Super weird situation though haha

Reactions: captainmilehigh
That is strange but Amazon has awesome customer service and you most likely will be satisfied.

The only bump in the road might be IF the order was fulfilled by a third party seller. Then, Amazon will not accept the return.

Then it will be up to you and the third party seller to work it out. If the order was “fulfilled by Amazon”, you are good on the return to Amazon. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Hi Guys!

First post here and i'm in a weird situation and didn't know where else to turn.

I've bought a brand new Mavic Pro with the Fly More combo off Amazon from one of the top sellers with tons of positive feedback.

Drone arrives quickly and I notice that the battery in the actual drone is not an official DJI one, seems very strange considering that it's supposed to be a brand new device. I'm then trying to activate it and it is saying that the device was activated over 48 hours ago which again is weird for a 'brand new' device.

The serial numbers on the box and device are also different from each other.

Then the best part, I go to look at the memory card on my computer and there's already several clips of a random dude in Washington state flying it around the neighbourhood! The videos are from July 4th 2017.

I've already messaged the seller for an explanation, but does anyone have any ideas how this may have happened? Kind of freaked out by it all, especially by the mis matching SN's and videos

Any help would be appreciated,

James-
Do a search on this,,serial number decoder,,see what comes up,,
Screenshot_20180726-133003.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
if it's through an amazon supplier many times they will refund your money without requiring you to send merchandise back . had that happen with some P4 filters i was sent go-pro filters amazon refunded my money and said i could do what ever i want with the filters . maybe you'll get a free used mavic

You got ripped off. Demand your money back from the credit card, when you get it back, send the guy his junk back. But crash it first.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I would start on the assumption that the seller made a mistake and give them the opportunity to fix that mistake. If they are an authorized DJI reseller, DJI may have sent them a refurb by mistake. Since you have two different serial numbers, the seller should be able to contact DJI and figure out what's going on. If the Mavic had been returned to DJI, they will have the serial number in their system. If the seller was not at fault, from their viewpoint it is equally possible that you are trying to return a used drone. Contact the seller and give them a reasonable amount of time to track the serial numbers. If they are a reputable seller, they will want to fix this.

If they don't respond back in a reasonable amount of time or they are not an authorized DJI reseller, contact Amazon directly and provide proof of the different serial numbers. At the same time, contact DJI. If Amazon doesn't get involved, contact the fraud department at your credit card company and dispute the charges. Leave negative (but not angry) feedback on the seller's Amazon listing and include pictures of the different serial numbers.

Do not fly, damage, or in any other way use the Mavic. You don't want that to be used against you by the seller.

Reactions: ABomb74 and KentA

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj