Quickest Way to Get Your Crashed Drone Handled by DJI Support.

Reaction score
I see many people complaining about how their experience with DJI support was handled. In my experience, they have been more than reasonable and I believe most of these disgruntled complainers are looking for someone to blame due to their careless crashing of a drone and want compensation or more commonly they have some misunderstanding about the Dji after-sales process.

Overall, I believe most of my experiences with Dji customer service were good. The process is not complicated at all, all you need to do is prepare and communicate your issues with them clearly from the start. So, to avoid any future mishaps and issues when your drone has taken a hit, here is a guide on what to do when your precious drone needs a trip to the doctors!

In this post, I’ll specify the detailed tips of how to get your drone handled efficiently and hassle free by DJI Support.

If you have contacted DJI customer service before, you probably know that Dji provides you with a free shipping label, in case you need to send back your broken drone or damaged parts. In a few days, you will get your repaired or replaced drone directly back to your mail address. The whole process can be pretty smooth if you do the following things:

1. A computer with Internet
2. A printer for the free label
3. Less than 15 minutes of your time

Then you can start the online registering process immediately. Simple, right?

How to reach out to DJI Tech Support? And what are the tips that may need your attention? The following is a step-by-step guideline on how to do it.

Here is the list of what you need to prepare:

1. Proof of purchase. Prepare a JPEG or PDF-copy of your proof of purchase on your PC, ready for uploading.
For DOA, it should be within 15 days of receiving your product.
For Return & Refund, it should be within 7 days of receiving your product.

1552362538663.png
You can see from above screenshot that Dji will ask you to provide a copy of your proof of purchase. So make sure you don’t lost it and keep a copy of it.

2. Product SN
Dji repair website has a page that actually gives your detailed instruction on how to check your product’s Serial Number.
Here you need to be aware of the numbers ‘0’ (zero) not to be mixed up with the capital letter ’O’.
Make sure that you provide with the right SN numbers, otherwise if DJI Support team found that there’s a problem with the SN number, they might refuse to treat your product under warranty or DOA.

3. Video footage or a screenshot to state your problem.
If your drone is crashed or some other problem, and you think it’s not your fault. A video of the incident will do you a lot of good. It will vastly save up the time for data analysis.

4. File with flight-logs or synced fly-log-data in the App.
A quick tip to show you how to sync your flight logs in your app:

· Connect your mobile device with WIFI. Launch your DJI Go 4 App;
· Click the “aircraft” on the top left;
· Click the “cloud” on the top right, sync one month record and wait until it’s 100% completed.

1552362624361.png

Click the “Cloud” on the top right​

5. A detailed description of what happened, including the date of when you crashed your drone, the flight environment and how did you operate the Remote Controller. Just make sure you provide the information as detailed as possible, it will also help the engineer to analyze the situation.

After you got above things prepared, here is the list of what you should do next:

· Go to the official website of DJI Repair Center
· Click ”Submit A Repair Request”
· Choose from the list of your products, and follow the instructions and the further process
· Upload the documents that you prepared as requested.

1552362687332.png

Click ”Submit A Repair Request”​

After you finish all the online registration and fill up all the information. You will receive a mail confirmation automatically sent from their system. It contains your case number which starts with a CAS-.

1552362758295.png

1552362788769.png

Right after you complete the repair request, you’ll receive a free shipping label authorized by Dji immediately. Then it’ll come to the next step — preparing the shipping to DJI repair center.

· Use bubble-plastic to wrap your drone up.
· Write clearly your Case No. with the CAS- outside the package, otherwise DJI will probably reject it.
· Print the shipping label that DJI sent you and attach it to your package
· Contact UPS, and take note of your UPS Track No.
· Check your repair statues on DJI Customer service website.
· When the repaired or replaced product is ready, the DJI Support team will notify you by mail.

A friendly remind here, after your drone is repaired in an official Dji Service Center, Dji will send you an email to remind you that you can still buy Dji Care Refresh within 72 hours of receiving the email. That means you’ll still have a chance to have your drone insured.

In case you’ll need any help from DJI Support, you can reach out to them through Facebook messenger (@DJI Support) or contact their online team. If you prefer old school ways like emails, you can send an email to [email protected], or you can check the following DJI Repair Phone Number in different regions and call them directly:

CHINA
+86 4007000303
Mon - Sun 9:00AM - 12:30PM; 2:00PM - 9:00PM (GMT+8)

HONG KONG CHINA
+852 3060 6038

MACAU CHINA
+853 6262 1485

TAIWAN CHINA
+886 2 8723 0819

UNITED STATES & CANADA
+1 (818) 235 0789
Mon-Fri 7:00AM - 5:00PM (PST)

GERMANY
+49 (0) 9771-177 3000
Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 3:00PM (GMT+1)

NETHERLANDS
+31 20 654 5202
Mon-Fri 10:00AM - 7:00PM (GMT+1)

UNITED KINGDOM
+44 2076603037
Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 6:00PM (GMT+0)

AUSTRALIA
+61 1300 090 802
Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (GMT+10)

BRAZIL
+55 0800 880 9983
Mon - Fri 9:00AM - 6:00PM (GMT-3)

SOUTH KOREA
+82 080 822 1456
Mon-Fri 10:00AM-12:30PM; 1:30PM-7:00PM (GMT+9)

Last edited:
Woww thx for sharing. I tried to contact DJI Support once and consulted a few technical questions. They are quite helpful.

Long story short, ever since I had my drone it a little bit of a gimbal driff and it was annoying. I lived it for many months, talked to DJI rep who always say recal IMU and gimbal. Recently I was talking to the. Again, they had me upload a video, showing the problem. Told me send it in. Did most of the steps mentioned above. 1 week later they got drone. 1 day they looked at said the pitch axis motor need replaced - they are for free under warranty, grand total 77 dollars, friendly service. I feel they were pretty quick on keeping me updated when they got my drone and started working on it.
As of now as long as that really does fix them problem, I’m 100 percent happy with everyone I have talked to online to the repair process. That’s my 2 cents and experience so far for what it’s worth.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Woww thx for sharing. I tried to contact DJI Support once and consulted a few technical questions. They are quite helpful.

:) Above tips really worked for me. I owned a lot of Dji products from Phantoms up to my P4 Pro V2, Mavic air and Mavic 2 P. So I get to reach out to dji support for numerous times, and most of the time they are very helpful.

Long story short, ever since I had my drone it a little bit of a gimbal driff and it was annoying. I lived it for many months, talked to DJI rep who always say recal IMU and gimbal. Recently I was talking to the. Again, they had me upload a video, showing the problem. Told me send it in. Did most of the steps mentioned above. 1 week later they got drone. 1 day they looked at said the pitch axis motor need replaced - they are for free under warranty, grand total 77 dollars, friendly service. I feel they were pretty quick on keeping me updated when they got my drone and started working on it.
As of now as long as that really does fix them problem, I’m 100 percent happy with everyone I have talked to online to the repair process. That’s my 2 cents and experience so far for what it’s worth.

Glad that your problem's been solved finally. Perhaps you should've provided them with the video from the very beginning. With more details, DJI Support staff may analyze your case more efficiently and provide the best solution for you. Guess it would save you a lot of time.

Got a minor problem with my Mavic air few weeks ago. As it was only four months old, I contacted DJI Support who took it back in for a warranty repair. Probably it's a bit of hassel when shipping my drone back to DJI. But after that, the process was very quick and in about 12 days, I got a new mavic air shipped back to my house.

Got a minor problem with my Mavic air few weeks ago. As it was only four months old, I contacted DJI Support who took it back in for a warranty repair. Probably it's a bit of hassel when shipping my drone back to DJI. But after that, the process was very quick and in about 12 days, I got a new mavic air shipped back to my house.

Yea shipping is painfully slow, it took 5 days to get it out to CA from PA but it was also free so I’m not complaining lol

Thank you for taking the time to put this together, should be a sticky. Unfortunately in a few days this thread will disappear along with thousands of others and those who should see it will not. :confused:
Personally, I’ve only had one encounter with DJI support, a DOA Phantom battery, 15 minutes on the phone, wait two weeks and change new battery. I feel it would be unrealistic to expect anything more.

Thank you for taking the time to put this together, should be a sticky. Unfortunately in a few days this thread will disappear along with thousands of others and those who should see it will not. :confused:
Personally, I’ve only had one encounter with DJI support, a DOA Phantom battery, 15 minutes on the phone, wait two weeks and change new battery. I feel it would be unrealistic to expect anything more.

Yeah, it took me sometime to put this together. Hope the admin can see this and put it on top. lol

My drone was great until I went to fly this on a afternoon and as soon as I took off, it went crazy. I had no control, and when it finally crashed, it did into the river. I'm a very conscience flier; I never fly unless I am sure it is safe.

Contacted DJI customer support, sent all information they asked for and was really impressed with their response and resolution when i got word today that they will replace my aircraft. I can't wait to get my Phantom 4 back and go flying again. DJI came through. They held to every single time commitment they made to me and my new drone showed up yesterday.

My drone was great until I went to fly this on a afternoon and as soon as I took off, it went crazy. I had no control, and when it finally crashed, it did into the river. I'm a very conscience flier; I never fly unless I am sure it is safe.

Contacted DJI customer support, sent all information they asked for and was really impressed with their response and resolution when i got word today that they will replace my aircraft. I can't wait to get my Phantom 4 back and go flying again. DJI came through. They held to every single time commitment they made to me and my new drone showed up yesterday.

Did you have the care plan?

Never had an issue in 4 times with DJI... Fast and very reasonable charges... last one I bought a crashed Mavic Pro... no receipt or anything, sent it to them sent me back a refurbished model... charged me for what it would take to fix the crashed one... less than 10 days start to finish and $180... Superlative service if you ask me... other time spotter failed to warn me of tall tree while doing an orbit... sent my P4P sideways into it and crashed to driveway... splattered all to hell... again less than 10 days and again $180 - seems to be a magic number for me.

Got to speak up for them as 99.9% of happy customers do not laud them. Only hear from the minuscule number of problems (in relation to # of drones out there being).

Not to say if it is you having the problem then it is 100% relevant - I understand.

Aloha

Never had an issue in 4 times with DJI... Fast and very reasonable charges... last one I bought a crashed Mavic Pro... no receipt or anything, sent it to them sent me back a refurbished model... charged me for what it would take to fix the crashed one... less than 10 days start to finish and $180... Superlative service if you ask me... other time spotter failed to warn me of tall tree while doing an orbit... sent my P4P sideways into it and crashed to driveway... splattered all to hell... again less than 10 days and again $180 - seems to be a magic number for me.

Got to speak up for them as 99.9% of happy customers do not laud them. Only hear from the minuscule number of problems (in relation to # of drones out there being).

Not to say if it is you having the problem then it is 100% relevant - I understand.

Aloha
That's good to hear :)

I just completed a much different scenario. After a crash I sent it to DDS to replace lower shell, yaw motor and a landing gear. $321. They said one thing that they couldn’t fix was the obstacle avoidance. I’d need to send it to DJI. I was not happy having two repair places involved. But I had no choice.

They sent it back to me. I went over it thoroughly to validate their work. Took a few test flights and captured a bunch of video. Other than non-working OA, the aircraft flew and gimbaled and recorded perfectly.

I packed up in my styrofoam case and sent it to DJI for OA fix. I get an estimate for $280 to replace yaw, pitch and roll motors (DDS already replaced the yaw motor), upper shell, landing gear, gimbal IMU, GPS module, sensor module, ribbon cable. They claimed the aircraft was stuck in ATTI mode and had a limp gimbal. However I have flight logs (and so do they from the aircraft) showing perfectly working gimbal and GPS during a couple lengthy flights right before I shipped it to them.

I was convinced they must have mixed it up with another drone. Couldn’t be mine. I contacted customer service who reported back that the techs insisted that it was my drone. I provided proof that my drone didn’t have those problems and asked for proof that it was my drone they analyzed (asked for a pic showing my serial number next to damaged landing gear (there were pics but cropped so tight impossible to see any identifying features such as serial). They refused. Only asked for proof that the yaw motor had been replaced - which I provided). Then they stopped calling me back - holding my drone hostage basically. This was either fraud or a big mistake but I had no recourse to convince them.

I decided to just pay the money. (Aside: after convincing DDS that I wouldn’t have agreed to their work had I known they wouldn’t be able to fix it completely and I’d be forced to send it to DJI anyway, they finally agreed to refund me $200. Which was good of them. And took some of the sting out of the $280 to DJI).

In a week, I had a new aircraft from DJI. This was quite nice of them but unnecessary for me to go through that.

But objectively speaking I think I would not have this tale to tell if I had just sent it straight to DJI. I would not have had any reason to question their diagnosis. And, frankly, the cost would probably have been close to what I paid DDS for anyway because DDS seems to markup the parts more and DJI’s quoted price for parts is pretty fair.

I’ve read that they typically don’t repair drones anymore. Just want to send you a new one. So a *guess* that I have is maybe they knew they were going to send me a new one regardless and needed to pad the bill to recoup some of that cost. Of course it could have just been a mistake but then they should have been open minded about it.

Very helpful and detailed post. Many thanks for sharing, hope i never have to refer to it..lol, but good to have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.