Quick video today at shipyard...

Reaction score

Took a few minutes of video before the "CRASH"..!!! Let me just say that the metal interference in here was DEADLY.!!! The drone would literally start moving sideways without any controller movement...At one point it just all of a sudden tilted towards a beam and BAM!!! 3 landing gear legs broke in half...!! Aaaaaaaaaand of course I have no insurance cuz' i'm an idiot!! I have no more tears left...LOL...

Did u edited out the crash, or did u turn off the camera before the crash?
I love the color of ur video, I'm sure it is ur camera, is that the 1 inch, ? pixel camera? Did u stayed behind ur drone all that time, including the time when u turn the drone around to head back the other way?
Is the shipyard still active? Do u work there during the week, or did u showed up on the weekend while no one was there?

Did u edited out the crash, or did u turn off the camera before the crash?
I love the color of ur video, I'm sure it is ur camera, is that the 1 inch, ? pixel camera? Did u stayed behind ur drone all that time, including the time when u turn the drone around to head back the other way?
Is the shipyard still active? Do u work there during the week, or did u showed up on the weekend while no one was there?
I actually has the camera off at the time of the crash...I actually would’ve wished it were on. Lol. Thx, yea it’s the 1inch camera. When the drone started acting up I was far away from it but then I started walking next to it, But obviously it still didn’t help. The shipyard is not active and I was with the group that I belong to which is New Jersey DUG (DroneUsersGroup). The head guy of the group knows the owner so we go there at least once a month and fly with permission.

Thanks for ur return comment. Than why did I see some heavy equipment there, backhoe, bobcat...etc......?

Thanks for ur return comment. Than why did I see some heavy equipment there, backhoe, bobcat...etc......?
It’s an old shipyard that’s eventually going to be turned into office buildings, restaurants etc.... there’s other construction around the area so I’m guessing they keep the vehicles inside the hangar.

Makes you appreciate sat count and lock.......

Nicely done! It sure looks like a tough place to fly in. I assume you turned off RTH, that would be bad for it to kick in. I hope you can get it fixed ok...

Nicely done! It sure looks like a tough place to fly in. I assume you turned off RTH, that would be bad for it to kick in. I hope you can get it fixed ok...
Ummmmm, yea I didn’t turn off RTH. Thankfully I didn’t use it or else it would’ve been worse. I’m still a rookie. Lesson learned. Lol

How could you fly with so much metal around?

I actually has the camera off at the time of the crash...I actually would’ve wished it were on. Lol.

After my first (and only) crash I turn my camera on as soon as it leaves the ground and it stays on until it lands. I can trim out the stuff I don't want but i can't get the amazing stuff that happens when the camera is off

Reactions: P4OBSIDIAN

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20