Quick question

Reaction score
I am new to flying but can fly pretty well. I have a phantom 3 professional and I was just wondering how I can get my sound to turn on when I am flying and recording? Also in just normal light conditions what are some of the common settings that people like to use for Camera and Video to get the best quality? Also for editing what apps are people using? I appreciate everybody's time that helps me.

I am new to flying but can fly pretty well. I have a phantom 3 professional and I was just wondering how I can get my sound to turn on when I am flying and recording? Also in just normal light conditions what are some of the common settings that people like to use for Camera and Video to get the best quality? Also for editing what apps are people using? I appreciate everybody's time that helps me.
No sound. BUT...if you had it, all you would hear is Whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Sorry.

Reactions: DanDiego
well we race drag boats so I just thought the sound of the drag boat going by as I am recording it on the water would sound good

well we race drag boats so I just thought the sound of the drag boat going by as I am recording it on the water would sound good
Agree. We have the Offshore Grand Prix here in Sarasota, and to be out there on (slightly off) the course is like no other.
Blackpearl.jpg

Man that's crazy so I've never really thought about it there's absolutely no sound that we can get?

Man that's crazy so I've never really thought about it there's absolutely no sound that we can get?

Other brands do capture sound but as already stated all you hear is the DRONE and the AIR rushing over the camera/audio port. I've got a couple that record sound and the first thing we do when editing is strip the sound track off the video and apply our own.

For all intents and purposes, from my point of view, sound from the drone is a waste of time and storage on the video file.

Totally makes sense thank you everybody for your time and help now what about camera video settings I know everybody's vary but just to get the clarity of a picture on a normal day and editing apps?

Totally makes sense thank you everybody for your time and help now what about camera video settings I know everybody's vary but just to get the clarity of a picture on a normal day and editing apps?

Settings are somewhat "personal" and very environment dependent. I think you might get some significant benefit from following this YT channel:

Drone Film Guide

I have taken drone photos of trains and steam locomotives with the drone. I set my Nikon camera on a tripod recording video and sound while also shooting video with my P3S. Then, use the sound from the Nikon camera for the drone video. Only way I have figured out how to do it.

I have taken drone photos of trains and steam locomotives with the drone. I set my Nikon camera on a tripod recording video and sound while also shooting video with my P3S. Then, use the sound from the Nikon camera for the drone video. Only way I have figured out how to do it.

Well played.... we've done a similar thing but with an MP3 recorder. Works splendidly if you can get the recorder in fairly close proximity to the "action".

Record your screen, including sound, while you are filming with the drone.. Should match up well with your SD card recording. Of course it’s going to pick up all the sounds around you as well. Have fun.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik