Questions before I jump in

Reaction score
OK I've narrowed my choices down to the Phantom 4 Pro and P4P+. I really like the idea of the brighter screen on the +, but I hear alot of negative things about Android system crashes. Not sure if it's worth the extra $300 for a questionable OS. Any thoughts?
Also, What editing s/w is recommended after downloading to PC? Thanks.

OK I've narrowed my choices down to the Phantom 4 Pro and P4P+. I really like the idea of the brighter screen on the +, but I hear alot of negative things about Android system crashes.
I haven't had any trouble with mine yet. Feature-wise, here's a good video to help you decide which P4P remote controller will be a good fit for you:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What editing s/w is recommended after downloading to PC?
I keep a list of video editing applications most recommend by members of this site here.

I previously owned a P4P+ and never had a problem with it. One less thing to charge. One less thing to set up and attach on startup. Awesome Visibility.
I now have the P4P Obsidian and use the Crystalsky and can report the same.

Reactions: Timinator
OK I've narrowed my choices down to the Phantom 4 Pro and P4P+. I really like the idea of the brighter screen on the +, but I hear alot of negative things about Android system crashes. Not sure if it's worth the extra $300 for a questionable OS. Any thoughts?
Also, What editing s/w is recommended after downloading to PC? Thanks.
The largest negative with the +, assuming you do not need third party apps such as litchi, is the problem with reuseability. Should you decide to upgrade or add another drone, that bright screen will not be useable. Crystalsky with a regular p4p might therefore be a better option.

On the other hand, p4p+ wins hands down on setup time.

The largest negative with the +, assuming you do not need third party apps such as litchi, is the problem with reuseability. Should you decide to upgrade or add another drone, that bright screen will not be useable. Crystalsky with a regular p4p might therefore be a better option.

On the other hand, p4p+ wins hands down on setup time.
I've looked into Crystalsky as a P4P option, and like the fact that I can get a larger screen, but I believe it is Android based like the P4P+. Would that mean that it is also susceptible to app crashes? Thanks.

I've looked into Crystalsky as a P4P option, and like the fact that I can get a larger screen, but I believe it is Android based like the P4P+.
That's correct.

Would that mean that it is also susceptible to app crashes?
While susceptible, it's not a common problem. Make sure you're running the latest firmware on the P4P+ or CrystalSky. Some people run into trouble when they attempt to use those devices before updating them.

That's correct.

While susceptible, it's not a common problem. Make sure you're running the latest firmware on the P4P+ or CrystalSky. Some people run into trouble when they attempt to use those devices before updating them.
OK thanks. So my understanding of drones (watching many videos), is that if you loose a connection with your drone, you can always press the RTH and you're good?

if you loose a connection with your drone, you can always press the RTH and you're good?
The RTH button on the remote controller will work as long as the remote controller signal (the uplink) is still connected to the Phantom.

If the app crashes, you can still fly the drone. If the controller loses contact, the drone will come home provided a) the home point has been recorded, and b) the drone has functioning GPS awareness.

I was in the same boat (P4P or P4P+) and i went with the plus. The reason for me is that I didn't have a good enough tablet to run it and I wanted a "closed loop" unit. Even though I only have a few hours on my aircraft, I am very happy with it. No matter what you choose, I am sure you will enjoy the capabilities and performance of the P4P.

Mike: We have the P4P+ as a work tool. It’s great. Quick and easy to get going. The screen is so good we’re using it in bright summer sunshine in South Africa without a hood.

We’ve only had one app crash in almost 200 flights and it didn’t cause a problem. If you did experience this, I now understand that you can quickly reboot by turning the switch on the top of the integrated screen off and on again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.