Questions about flying S2...

Reaction score
Ok ...so I had 16 flights on a brand new iPad mini 2 and the iPad crashed on me. Never dropped and only used for flying I guess u cld say I'm a little upset. I'm not an apple fan so "maybe " this is a good thing. I recently bought an S2. I'm using it at times for my business so my question is if I use it to fly my P3P do I need to leave the WiFi on or just put it in airplane mode so no interruptions? I hear a lot of guys talking about wifi etc. I'm really unsure what needs to be on or off I guess. The S2 is alittle over kill as far as size but it sure is nice looking at a bigger screen!!! It JUST fits in the holder . I may need a shoulder strap now lol.
Also I have not updated this bird since I bought 6 months ago. I keep getting messages asking me to upgrade. I belive I'm running 1.5 still. No issues EVER. I'm too afraid to upgrade because of all the complaints out here. I feel leave well enough alone.
And lastly since my iPad crashed do I lose all the flight records? I just installed new app on S2 , logged in, hooked everything up, turned it all on and no flight records in app.
Sorry so many questions. I wanted to get it all out instead of making 5 posts. Thanks ahead for any help.

You should be able to sync your flight records to the new tablet.....tap on the cloud symbol at the top of the page.

Most people seem to fly in airplane mode, but if you want to leave wifi on, it shouldn't give any problems.

What exactly do you mean by "iPad crashed"? Do you mean DJI GO crashed? If the iPad is under 1 year from purchase, take it to an Apple Store, it'll be covered under warranty.

What exactly do you mean by "iPad crashed"? Do you mean DJI GO crashed? If the iPad is under 1 year from purchase, take it to an Apple Store, it'll be covered under warranty.
I booted it up and it's a blank grey screen. Tried hard reset and followed all directions to recover and nothing brought it back .
.I'm just past the 15 days to return it but It is under warranty and is being fixed. The kid will get it. I'm in love with the S2 now lol. Plus I prefer android over apple . ;)

You should be able to sync your flight records to the new tablet.....tap on the cloud symbol at the top of the page.

Most people seem to fly in airplane mode, but if you want to leave wifi on, it shouldn't give any problems.
What is the reason for leaving wifi on? I thought that only causes interference. This is where I'm confused. This particular tablet is actually turned on with Verizon. Should I just turn the data off while flying?

I tried syncing. It went to 100 percent.. Even said it was completed annnnnd...nothing

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl